Recommendation on selling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not looking for offers but rather advice…

I’m looking to part ways with my 2000 LX with 213k miles on it.

Where is the best place to list it for sale?

Have you tried Classifieds on this forum?

X2, with lots of pics and a good description of both good and bad
or
you can always deal with all the crap on craigslist and facebook

Depends on condition, etc. I'm not a fan of ebay personally, but that's an option. Bring a Trailor is a good one, better if you're vehicle is heavily documented and in great condition. If you want to take the low risk / low cost option, I would list it here, Craigslist, Auto trader, FB Marketplace, and eBay (Buy it Now only) and see what happens.

I sold a dodge 2500 cummins ram on auto trader. Had a convivial exchange from a buyer who was close enough that we could meet for test drive. Easy peazy.

I’d also suggest carsandbids.com - lots of LC interest there and good historical price data

Facebook marketplace is the new Craigslist, if you’re in the states. You will get plenty of offers there. Craigslist is good too. Local selling lot will work wonders. That’s how I found mine.

Not sure why this question comes up all the time.

1) Research your market for similar years, miles, condition, etc.
2) Post it for that price on FB, CL, here, the moon, wherever you want.
3) Sell for the price that you are comfortable with.

I purchased my 2002 LX470 on Ebay, along with another vehicle.
I've bought and sold Craigs List and on Facebook Marketplace.
I would think it would have to be an exceptional vehicle to list on Bring-A-Trailer.

Dealing with payment and notarizing the Title can be stressful.
A neighbor got scammed trying to purchase a vehicle on CL.
I'm trying out Escrow.com to sell a domain name I own - new process for me.
My LX470 purchase on Ebay, I trusted Ebays "Buyer Protection Program" and wired full payment, but I worried about it.
When I sold my RV on Craigs List, I took a personal check as I sized up the couple as being legitimate.
When I purchased my 2000 Isuzu Trooper from an out of state used car dealer on a Saturday afternoon, they did take my personal check.
Sometimes you got to use your intuition and size up potential buyers.
If a buyer says they will pay full price or more than full price, don't fall for it unless you go to your bank and have the payment verified.
When selling, you don't want to make things problematic for the buyer but you don't want to get screwed either.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom