Recommendation of a good rad shop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

I have a LC apart.. like to get the rad pressure and flow tested.
Any recommendation of a good shop on Langley Or Abby?

Thx

M

Thank you!

Yes, I looked at the sticky but being 2 years out of date, ownership or personal experiences may change.

Not the cheapest, and I have not had to visit in a while...But I've had good service at Dolphin Radiators in Abbotsford.

Sounds like AERS and Gary is the shizzle if you want to do the drive.

hth's

gb

Last edited:
AERS is the place. Just on North side of 2nd Narrows...

The guy at Valley Radiator has been good to me. He is in Chilliwack.

AERS is the place. Just on North side of 2nd Narrows...

X2, Gary at AERS in north van is a magician with landcruiser rads!!

I just had Gary at Aers in N. Van recore a BJ60 rad for me and I was very happy with the outcome. Great guy to deal with and obviously knows his stuff. He was suggested to me by Jzilla . Sounds like he is well versed in L cruiser rads.

Going to have to try Gary, sounds like a great shop. Need to get the HJ60 rad I have rebuilt and changed a bit for my Lexuzu swap.

You wont be disappointed. Gary is the go to guy for the big marine heat exchangers etc. He can do it all, and in his sleep. He had all the heatex. from the Detroit 8V92TA we did last year, saved us a ton of $$ and was spot on for delivery too...New Detroit main heat exchanger was like $8,500.... Thanks Gary.

He does a brilliant job of re-coreing crusher heaters too, has a couple of tricks that will forever stop those pesky o-ring leaks! And you gotta love lots of heat, and not pulling the dash apart, yet again!!!!!

Last edited:
You can try Richardson Radiators in Langley. They are really good. Tell them that Lisa from Advanced Fleet recommended them and they will give you a good rate. They do all of you rad jobs.

Personally i would stay away from Richardson radiators. I had them pressure and flow test my first rad in my 80. A month and a half later I found it was 80% plugged with sludge and would overheat badly when going up hills at slow speed. Issue is i did as soon as i put it back in and i thought since the rad had just been checked it was fine. Spend hundreds trying to find the problem over the next month and a half. I finally used an infrared temp sensor and found the blockage.

I got a Toyota replacement rad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom