Recommend good vacuum hose thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crackdpot

2Cor4:7
Threads
Website
www.jonesdrafting.com
Petunia, my 84 FJ60 is just about back on the road! I'm pretty excited. Shade tree mechanic is having trouble with emissions stuff. I got a bunch of cool new silicone hose for this....now we just need to figure out where it all goes.

The motor was out, so all the vacuum valves need to go back in....bmg...vfg...emt...lol!

Help?!

Petunia, my 84 FJ60 is just about back on the road! I'm pretty excited. Shade tree mechanic is having trouble with emissions stuff. I got a bunch of cool new silicone hose for this....now we just need to figure out where it all goes.

The motor was out, so all the vacuum valves need to go back in....bmg...vfg...emt...lol!

Help?!
I do have fsm & emissions manual, as well as vacuum diagram from a user on this forum....still doesn't quite tell the whole story. Finally moving out of California, but not ready to desmog yet...especially because I just bought rebuilt carb.

Thanks in advance!

Are all of your old lines still in place? If so just replace one at a time with the new hose. If not.....then it all comes down to reading the manuals and taking your time.

1619455209038.png

1619455266689.png

If the engine got pulled and all the vacuum hoses weren't labeled before yanking it, it's extremely tricky to get everything hooked back up correctly again even when referencing the Toyota manuals.

The Yoda engineers must have been working double shifts when designing the spaghettI mess.

Yeah, I tried to take pictures as I went, pulling things out. Then I decided I didn't have time to finish and gave it to the mechanic. He's stumped, and I've been out of the loop for too long. Thanks all for the advice and information. I really appreciate it.

I do have fsm & emissions manual, as well as vacuum diagram from a user on this forum....still doesn't quite tell the whole story. Finally moving out of California, but not ready to desmog yet...especially because I just bought rebuilt carb.

Thanks in advance!
I too was ignorant (in the correct use of the term--not the insult) two weeks ago of the FJ60 emissions system with an '87 FJ60 in a PO screwed-up spaghetti mess. The Toyota 1981 2F Engine Emission Control manual, which you have, will give you a clear understanding of the system in detail and overall with some dedicated studying. It's really well written and accurately drawn. It goes into each emission system in detail, and the system in total is shown on pg. 3-3 (Seth S pictures above). You need to understand how the systems work to correctly hook them up. I'd Google 'FJ60 engine bay' or similar, click on 'Images' and start collecting the photos you need to place components. It's tedious work, no way around that, but quite do-able. And you can always ask specific questions here on Mud.

My Emissions Manual1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom