Recommend front Rotors and Pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Getting ready to do front brakes and went to Parts Souk for parts. OEM Toyota rotor are $300 for a pair, set of 4 pads is $111, so about $400 for front rotors and pads on both sides. I see aftermarket stuff for a fraction of the price. I would prefer OEM, but the difference in price is almost exponential! Is OEM worth the cost, and if not can anyone recommend a good aftermarket set of rotors and pads which match (or exceed?) the quality of OEM at a less expensive price.

Search "rotors pads" or some combo, titles only, 100 section only. Lots of threads and discussion. Think most will recommend OEM.

1625159578675.png

Searching around I see discounted OEM rotors at dealerships for about $65 domestic - I wonder why Parts Souk is asking $150?

Searching around I see discounted OEM rotors at dealerships for about $65 domestic - I wonder why Parts Souk is asking $150?

I my research, PartSouq is high on some components but very low on others.

Toyota Parts Deal . com is around $68, similar to your numbers from the online dealerships

Similarly, the CV axles from Partsouq are $500 each and I've seen them about $100 less from stateside dealers. However, take the OEM muffler, from ToyotaPartsDeal.com is is $536 (plus $243 for shipping and tax), whereas from PartSouq, the same muffler is $308 (plus $170 shipping).

To answer your original question, yes, I feel OEM is worth the extra cost.

I went with DBA 4000 series rotors and OEM pads. Very happy with the pedal feel and stopping performance. Also added SLee SS lines.

I my research, PartSouq is high on some components but very low on others.

Toyota Parts Deal . com is around $68, similar to your numbers from the online dealerships

Similarly, the CV axles from Partsouq are $500 each and I've seen them about $100 less from stateside dealers. However, take the OEM muffler, from ToyotaPartsDeal.com is is $536 (plus $243 for shipping and tax), whereas from PartSouq, the same muffler is $308 (plus $170 shipping).

To answer your original question, yes, I feel OEM is worth the extra cost.
Yeah I think that larger/heavier items tend to be closer to "standard" pricing because they are much more expensive to ship. But sometimes it all depends on the freight delivery from Dubai to US then the necessary shipping partner (for me has always been FedEx). But that is just my guess.

If you want to stick with OEM, shop online dealers and see who has the best pricing. Then see if there is a dealership that accepts the "FREESHIP" code for free shipping for purchases over $75. I've had good luck with Steven Creek in San Jose which is straight 25% off MSRP and Larry H. Miller that has varying discounts based on part. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom