Recommend a mechanic - KC area? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
mofj40-1968.tripod.com
I'm looking for a good mechanic / repair shop in the KC area, preferably in JoCo, KCK, or Parkville/Platte Co. My tundra is past due on the timing belt, and since the iForce 4.7 is an interference motor I don't want to push my luck. I've got zero time to tackle it myself so I'd rather just pay a shop for the peace of mind.

I've checked with Molle, but those dealership labor rates more than offset the TAC savings on the parts.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I've done all my own repair work since I moved to KC and don't have experience with any of the local shops.

Thanks!
Andrew

have you checked at jay wolf toyota? I know the parts guys are great to deal with.

Give these guys a call and see if they can help you.... In a world full of curruption, these guys over the years have been the most honest hardworking folks I know. It says body shop in their name, but they have a full service shop which makes up half of their operation.

Roe Body Shop - Welcome to Roe Body Shop - (913) 722-2545

Several years ago, I took my folks old car in to get the AC worked on, and try to figure out why the service engine light was intermittant. They drove the car for a couple days, trying to get the light going, (I know there was 50 miles on the car) and they troubleshooted the AC. End of the day, the light never came on for them, so they could not hook it up to their computer, and the AC was a lost cause. His quote was "it will cost you more to fix the AC, then the car is worth." -- he did not suggest fixing it unless we planned on driving it for some time. AT ANY OTHER DEALER OR SHOP THIS WOULD OF COST ME A COUPLE HUNDREAD EASY, and they would have pushed to sell the AC replacement.
They charged me nothing. He said, we didn't fix anything. When is the last time your heard that.

At any rate, give them a call, and see if they can help you. They are kind of hidden in Roeland Park, off of I-35 and Roe, to the East of the Lowes -- back by the old Roeland Park Pool (If you are an old timer)

Greg Russell at Russell's Automotive.

He has a heart of gold and the best mechanic I have ever met. He is a little far south though...162nd and Metcalf.

Thanks for the replies. I check them out tomorrow.

Kelly - I know you're even busier than I am this time of year, but give me a call when you get time. I've got some news for you.

Riverside

Mastertech in Riverside, is a good honest place, and very reasonably priced. I got recomended to go there and have gone there since I moved ot KC in 94. I have not heard anything bad from anyone I have ever sent there.

Brian

Curt's Auto and Welding is one of the best shops in KC in my experience. I recently moved out of the area and am missing having a good shop already. Curt's been around a long time and owns a couple FJ40's also - none are running at the moment. I'd highly recommend him to anyone looking for a mechanic. He's fabricated some items for me also, a bumper for my teardrop trailer and a collapsible tongue, installed my lift on my fjc and numerous other stuff. He's honest and does great work he stands behind. About every other time I'm in there he tells me about a car he had to fix for one of the area dealers or other shops around... guess he's the shop that other shops go to when their stuck. He's in Gladstone at 7101 N Locust, 64118. 816-436-3311. There website is at http://curtsautomotive.com. BTW, I'm related to Curt but his works speaks for itself and have no qualms recommending him to anyone. Good luck finding a shop!

Give Eric Jobe a call. He is a great mechanic and also a TAC member. Eric drives a 05 Tundra and knows them well. He will be putting a clutch in Erik C.'s truck soon. You can wait and talk to ERik C. after the work is done to see of he is satisfied. His prices are very reasonable and he can pick up and deliver.
Eric Jobe's cell: 660-232-0981

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom