Recommend a body guy near Los Angeles, Commiefornia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.destechservices.com
Hey everyone. Long time no post. I'm finally looking to get my 60 fixed. Wanted to sell it but my daughters wont let me. (they both learned to drive in the 60) So the sentimental value is definitely there.
Its got holes in the roof near the gutter like many 60s as well as leaking around the windshield. Some recommend changing the roof out all together. But I'm clueless when it comes to these types of things.

I would like to get her fixed/worked on the right way. I unfortunately cant do much because I rent where I live. So I would have to trust someone to do it all vs. pulling it appart prior to taking it in for work. I really don't know where to go. A friend got his 80 painted and I REALLY DID NOT LIKE THE WORK!!! The body guy even lost some parts in the process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone. Long time no post. I'm finally looking to get my 60 fixed. Wanted to sell it but my daughters wont let me. (they both learned to drive in the 60) So the sentimental value is definitely there.
Its got holes in the roof near the gutter like many 60s as well as leaking around the windshield. Some recommend changing the roof out all together. But I'm clueless when it comes to these types of things.

I would like to get her fixed/worked on the right way. I unfortunately cant do much because I rent where I live. So I would have to trust someone to do it all vs. pulling it appart prior to taking it in for work. I really don't know where to go. A friend got his 80 painted and I REALLY DID NOT LIKE THE WORK!!! The body guy even lost some parts in the process. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have heard from good authority from people in LA that the best auto body guys are across the border in Mexico.

In the past Spectre-Offroad SOR would sell complete roofs from used stock. You could
contact them. You’ll have to network, but I’ve found the smaller ‘one man’ operations
if you get a guy who is enthusiastic and more inclined to work with you. Ask local automotive
paint supply store, post an ad there with pic of the truck.

My friend in LA has an old Jeep CJ and plans to take it to TJ to fix the rust

I'd feel better about having the truck worked on locally. There's gotta be talent in Los Angeles that can do it. It's hard getting a courtesy ride back from Mexico...

I'd feel better about having the truck worked on locally. There's gotta be talent in Los Angeles that can do it. It's hard getting a courtesy ride back from Mexico...
I think you could find someone but on this side of the rio it’s gonna cost a fortune. Maybe Chip Foose is still working? lol

My truck is over at bells and vaughn in pasadena right now. Ask for Raffi and ask to see Kevin's landcruiser. Go check the work they are doing on my 60 and see if you like it. I've been impressed so far and price is reasonable from my shopping around.

My truck is over at bells and vaughn in pasadena right now. Ask for Raffi and ask to see Kevin's landcruiser. Go check the work they are doing on my 60 and see if you like it. I've been impressed so far and price is reasonable from my shopping around.
Hey was yours the blue one or the tan one? Regardless, they both look great! Cant wait to see the finished product.

WOW! v8 Conversion is nice!
Unfortunately, I have to have the roof replaced and the estimate was way over my budget (he included a full paint job along with fixing the rust spots. But I will keep on getting bids. But bells and vaughn does primo work. And was even able to see a few exotics up close while I was there. My daughter does not want me to sell it so we will see if we can find a solution. If not, I may have to sell the 60.
Will update as I go.

Might be worth a check at Bistagne Brothers in Glendale. They seem to do good work, my dad was the original owner of my FJ62 and they did panel repair/replace and paint after a collision back in the 90's, you can't even tell the difference between the fixed and original panels now over 20 years later. Although most of the paint has fallen off mine now anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom