Recommedations for Tach/Dwell/DigitalMM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.interrobangletterpress.com
i currently have a 15yo Sears 9v Tach/Dwell multimeter, but i'm not too confident about its accuracy. Been trolling the Snap-On site because i know they are quality tools looking at prices, and well, they're friggin expensive, and probably over-featured for my simple breaker point tuneups.

anyone have a recommendation for a reliable moderately priced tach/dwell meter?

tia

Any familiarity with the Fluke 78? i'm finding that available at a more reasonable price and it has more than enough features.

what's the word of Fluke mMeters especially regarding quality/reliability? I'm not familiar with them.

Fluke are the cream of the crop in my mind. Things last forever.

My old man, being an electrical engineer, uses the things and is real hard on them...outside in -35C Manitoba winter, been dropped in water, and the thing still works.

Well worth the price

Geoff

Another thing to keep in mind; if your Fluke doesn't work after, say 5 years, just send it in to Fluke. They will probably will fix and update the unit for free. My older Fluke model 87, after many years of service, finally developed display problems, sent it in; fully expecting $100 service charge. Couple weeks later got it back good as new, no charge. Amazing.

I have also used a fluke multimeter for many years with no problems. It falls into the catagory of one of the things that have been so useful for so long, I really don't remember how much it cost. Also, the 88v/a looks like a nice kit, and would find many uses in troubleshooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom