Recently purchased 2000 Lc 100. Timing belt question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a 2000 lc with 138k miles. service records have gaps and no indication of timing belt done. Brought it to my mechanic and got a good quote for timing belt, water pump, spark plug service all oem parts And a couple other small things. He can’t do the work till next week and said I should be fine driving it till then. Its on road manners are as good as my 2018 4Runner. I just found out I need to drive my son to summer camp about 150 miles away and either need to risk it with my LC or rent a car for it which will be pricey. I know this is vague but less than 200 mile drives, should I leave the LC at home and waste money on a rental? It goes in for service the day I get back.

If no water pump leak or water pump bearing rattling you’ve got many many many miles to go before you need to change the timing belt. I have more than one 100 series with over 200,000 miles since the last time in belt service with zero problems. The absolute need to change every 90,000 miles is a myth by a long shot

I'd look at the heater Tee's and if they are good....I would not give one seconds thought to not taking the vehicle. The Timing Belt is not going to be an issue for you. Heater Tee's on the other hand deteriorate with age and use and are a known issue that can leave you stranded.

Check them out...then go for it. Have a good trip. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom