Wanted Recent GX470 prices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw a pricing thread in the 100/200 sections and thought this would be a good reference. I'm seeing a wide range in pricing in the southeast and hoped to see what people have been running into or missed out on. I'm having a hard time gauging what's reasonable because of the amount of aftermarket parts installed on recent listings.

Asking price is one thing, but purchase can be another. Obviously there is a cult following to these driving asking prices but many seem irrational and emotions seem to be taking over some.

If you have recent purchase pricing and are willing to ad some clarity to this madness, please do so!

While I was searching for my GX I had a buddy of mine set up a web scraper to pull all the GX470s that got posted to our local classified site here in Utah. I've compiled all the data into a spreadsheet broken down by model years (03-04, 05-07, 08-09). This was collected from Oct 2018-Aug 2019 so it's not the most up-to-date time range, it's represents listing prices not sells price, it's only pulling data for Utah and prices where you are could be quite different. With all those caveats out of the way I still think it's a useful data set. I've personally looked at the ad for almost every one of these and the vast majority are/were stock. If you see an outlier it's most likely a built up model.

I know you're more interested in purchase price over asking price and this is totally anecdotal but I test drove/offered on 4-5 different GX's while I was looking and was either outbid by someone else or my price was rejected by the dealer. My assumption based on those experiences is that listing price and purchase price are not that far off from each other.

Here's the spreadsheet:

And to actually answer your initial question I purchased my GX for $8000 from a Mud member in CA. It had 152000 miles on it and had immaculate service records. I got a crazy good deal so take my experience with a grain of salt but if you wait long enough, know what you want, and are willing to travel, a good deal is out there.

Good luck with your search.

Purchased in Oct - $13,890 (before taxes/fees) 2005 86,549 miles, White, Dark Gray interior, non-nav, full dealer service records, one owner. Got them to put on new tires and do the 90k service with purchase price.

Similar experience to @Kaleeb and had a few get purchased as I was trying to negotiate, or had dealers / private owners flat reject my offer. I ended up flying down to FL from NC to pick up the one we went with.

While I was searching for my GX I had a buddy of mine set up a web scraper to pull all the GX470s that got posted to our local classified site here in Utah. I've compiled all the data into a spreadsheet broken down by model years (03-04, 05-07, 08-09). This was collected from Oct 2018-Aug 2019 so it's not the most up-to-date time range, it's represents listing prices not sells price, it's only pulling data for Utah and prices where you are could be quite different. With all those caveats out of the way I still think it's a useful data set. I've personally looked at the ad for almost every one of these and the vast majority are/were stock. If you see an outlier it's most likely a built up model.

I know you're more interested in purchase price over asking price and this is totally anecdotal but I test drove/offered on 4-5 different GX's while I was looking and was either outbid by someone else or my price was rejected by the dealer. My assumption based on those experiences is that listing price and purchase price are not that far off from each other.

Here's the spreadsheet:

And to actually answer your initial question I purchased my GX for $8000 from a Mud member in CA. It had 152000 miles on it and had immaculate service records. I got a crazy good deal so take my experience with a grain of salt but if you wait long enough, know what you want, and are willing to travel, a good deal is out there.

Good luck with your search.

Can you recall what local site was used to web scrape? I've tried to automate something with autotempest but found it too difficult.

It wasn't a site. A friend of mine wrote a custom web scraper in Python for our local classified site when he was looking for a car and then set it up for me when I was looking for a GX.

Ended up writing something to scrape Autotempest. The plot below is based on a 500 mile radius search of my location. Obviously, factory options are not factored in but nice to see general trends.

470_pricing.vs.mileage.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom