Recent 80 to 100 convert (turbo diesel) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can’t help you on the CA registration piece,
In the US, you can't import a vehicle until it's 25 years old, so this year (or late last year more likely) is the first time they were available for import. Give it a few years and you'll start seeing more 100's
100% on point here. I am seeing a few JDM dealers in the US carrying 100 series, but most are gas models (not necessarily a bad thing since they are great engines). The majority of the 100 series that I see in JDM auctions are gas. Mine is an AUG 1998 production date so I won the vehicle earlier in the year, had it stored, then shipped in when it hit the 25 year mark.

So I have a 1998 Nissan Safari (aka Patrol) inbound next month, so I might be selling the HDJ101. Please don’t judge 😉!
No doubt the Patrols a re a great bit of kit and the TD42 a great engine, but a good Patrol will feel like a worn out 80-series by comparison.

No doubt the Patrols a re a great bit of kit and the TD42 a great engine, but a good Patrol will feel like a worn out 80-series by comparison.
Your assessment lines up with the patrols I see in auctions. The interior almost always seems way more worn when compared to similar 80s that are the same mileage. I’m hoping the GU/Y61 version improved the quality after the redesign. It’s interesting Nissan kept the solid axles after the 1997 redesign.

One interesting thing I noticed in this truck is that it still rocks the old school A442F versus the A343F.

I was watching that river rock green 101 on BAT. That was a fabulous LC.
There ought to be a sticky for the incoming 98-99's
Someone please import a dozen.

I was watching that river rock green 101 on BAT. That was a fabulous LC.
There ought to be a sticky for the incoming 98-99's
Someone please import a dozen.
Funny you mention this.

I have river rock green 101 coming in December. One is an auto with 52k miles, and the other is a manual with 200k miles.

IMG_4756.jpeg

IMG_4749.jpeg

IMG_4679.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpg

IMG_4684.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom