Recent 80 to 100 convert (turbo diesel) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings! After dabbling with a few 80s (gas and diesel) and even some prados (95 and 71), I finally scored a 100 series (HDJ101). And I must say, wow, everything I read about it is all true. Much much better comfort while still having that tank like feeling. The 1HDFTE is a beautiful engine, way more refined than the 1HDT on my current HDJ81.

Here is a short video of it running:

IMG_4200.jpeg

IMG_4199.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

IMG_4176.jpeg

IMG_4196.jpeg

Oh my! When you hit that idle up button...o_O:clap::beer:

How's she's run on the highway?

That baby PURRS...I noticed we are brothers of the cloth interior :)

View attachment 3400525

Just FYI, I bought my truck from a friend who has a complete RHD Cloth interior...door cards, seats, the whole enchilada.
If anything happens to yours... @shellb
Thank you for the info! The cloth seats are definitely comfy!! The PO had seat covers on for a while and did a good job protecting.

IMG_4168.jpeg

Hearing the 24 valve 1HDFTE idle is just amazing, I miss mine. Congratulations, this is a keeper.

Hearing the 24 valve 1HDFTE idle is just amazing, I miss mine. Congratulations, this is a keeper.
So I have a 1998 Nissan Safari (aka Patrol) inbound next month, so I might be selling the HDJ101. Please don’t judge 😉!

Well that was fast!

I am really curious how the Safari compares though. I thought about getting one, but ended up sticking with the LC mostly due to familiarity with LC/Toyota.

Well that was fast!

I am really curious how the Safari compares though. I thought about getting one, but ended up sticking with the LC mostly due to familiarity with LC/Toyota.
I went too trigger happy with the bidding. I’ll report back on the safari once it gets here.

So I have a 1998 Nissan Safari (aka Patrol) inbound next month, so I might be selling the HDJ101. Please don’t judge 😉!
Oh you got the GU, I don’t blame you, the drivetrain of the Patrol is beefier than the Land Cruiser. And this is more rare stateside than the LC. Is this coming with the TD42? Congratulations x2 haha.
I see you are getting the Gen1/Mark1, this is the chase vehicle in Mission Impossible 2 shot in Sydney Australia.

Oh you got the GU, I don’t blame you, the drivetrain of the Patrol is beefier than the Land Cruiser. And this is more rare stateside than the LC. Is this coming with the TD42? Congratulations x2 haha
Great points on the GU chassis! Yep it’s coming with the TD42 turbo. I’m super excited on both!

Great points on the GU chassis! Yep it’s coming with the TD42 turbo. I’m super excited on both!
Yessir back in Ph my family owned one and we had it about 11 years since new. But the TD42 wasn’t available for the local market. We had the ZD30 as the only option - very temperamental, keeps on loosing oil pressure/leaking oil in the turbo. We eventually swapped that motor out with the TD42 (Jdm/GCC spec), day and night difference.

Does anyone have any rough guess-timate if it's feasible to import a gas version of 1998 70 series (76 or 78 series, the wagon/trooper version) to California and legally register? (Particularly given: 1, The 70 series was never sold in the US. 2, Everything car related in Cali is more PITA than other states... 😂 )

I would be interested in importing either a 100 series Diesel, a 105, or a 70 series depending on the cost.

Does anyone have any rough guess-timate if it's feasible to import a gas version of 1998 70 series (76 or 78 series, the wagon/trooper version) to California and legally register? (Particularly given: 1, The 70 series was never sold in the US. 2, Everything car related in Cali is more PITA than other states... 😂 )

I would be interested in importing either a 100 series Diesel, a 105, or a 70 series depending on the cost.
Doable. Visit the 70 section of the forum, a couple of mud forumers from Florida has already done it.

whats the story on it? how did you aquire it ? I see JDM diesel 80's for sale all the time, but rarely ever 100s. Nice score

In the US, you can't import a vehicle until it's 25 years old, so this year (or late last year more likely) is the first time they were available for import. Give it a few years and you'll start seeing more 100's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom