Recent 2014 LX570 purchase experience and some issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2014 LX570, and I have been fairly pleased with the overall quality and performance of the truck.
Yesterday, with my heavy influence, my OCD buddy finally bit the bullet and bought a LX570 from a reputable local new car dealer.

It's a recent dealer trade-in 2014 LX570 w/ 123K miles, absolutely no rust Southern truck w/ exceptional overall condition.
It was originally listed for I believe $41K and thanks to the recent gas price hike, we were able to settle at $35,300.
Been on the lot for 3 weeks also helped a little.

The overall suspension seems much tighter on his 14 LX w/ 123K compare to my 14 LX w/ almost 170K miles now.
Not sure what I need to make my 14 LX w/ 170K suspension tighter like his... perhaps, new accumulators or shocks or tie rods?

Some issues... the one bushing or rubber part of drivers side LCA is leaking grease.
Not sure the entire LCA should be replaced or what to pay if we choose to replace the leaky part of UCA only.

Also, the rear hatch doesn't close automatically... it opens fine but keep beeping and wouldn't close on its own.
It has one minor rear end accident history and the upper rear hatch is not perfectly aligned like 3/8" ~1/2" twist (see first Pic).
Not sure it caused the hatch to not close automatically when pressed the button.
How hard is it to properly realign the upper part of hatch?

Lastly, during the braking, we felt slight brake pulsation and not sure if it is caused by the warped rotors.
Other than that, the truck is in solid condition.

R--28agI3Z9foWKFZIrXBGK-ZzE.jpg

hu_e2MtZ4xc8v7BnFvjVKxmaqmI.jpg

hDdEKXuJ01tpGAeSMJKugCzIbT4.jpg
JnTWqQ3KyOCuHvq9O4kqiRc7SqQ.jpg
kTa9h3fSoqmAPaUp4qnQVkyEzk0.jpg
qRiPkN5PG2fcK9K2_HrS6ic4Jn0.jpg
sCvDQopOfUTHpYZtuV882kyZbj4.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what I need to make my 14 LX w/ 170K suspension tighter like his... perhaps, new accumulators or shocks or tie rods?

Accumulators! If you other truck has 170k and they are original, they are likely shot.

Brake pulsing - so missnamed "rotor warping". Actually uneven deposit of brake pad material on the rotor. Easy to fix with more aggressive pads or change of driving style.

I'd do the accumulators and an AHC fluid swap. There are lots of guides here on how to do it; do NOT let the dealer touch AHC.

Brakes - at that mileage I'd do a full replacement of all brake components. Heck, I did that on mine with half the mileage. New calipers, rotors, pads, all OEM, ran me about $1200 CAD or so?

Any body shop should be able to re-align the hatch, and I'd definitely get that done, although I'm not sure that's the reason it's not closing and is beeping. I had that once, and can't recall the exact solution, but I believe I simply closed it by hand once or twice and it started power opening/closing just fine by itself. Make sure the button to disable power open/close (next to the steering column) is NOT pressed in. Pressing it in disables the power option.

I'd do the accumulators and an AHC fluid swap. There are lots of guides here on how to do it; do NOT let the dealer touch AHC.

Brakes - at that mileage I'd do a full replacement of all brake components. Heck, I did that on mine with half the mileage. New calipers, rotors, pads, all OEM, ran me about $1200 CAD or so?

Any body shop should be able to re-align the hatch, and I'd definitely get that done, although I'm not sure that's the reason it's not closing and is beeping. I had that once, and can't recall the exact solution, but I believe I simply closed it by hand once or twice and it started power opening/closing just fine by itself. Make sure the button to disable power open/close (next to the steering column) is NOT pressed in. Pressing it in disables the power option.
Excellent advice!
Thanks for sharing… very helpful indeed!

OP,

I don't know where y'all are at, but I'm on the southside near Newnan. I have a recently acquired 2013 LX and I'd love to do an AHC fluid flush and have some help.

As far as the brakes, I'd look at doing new OEM pads and possibly trying to see if the rotors can be turned unless money is not much of an issue, then just replace with OEM rotors. I'm a stickler for brake jobs - I wire wheel the hub free of all rust, replace all caliper hardware (new pins and clips), flush the fluid, check for boot leaks, etc. Then I carefully grease what needs to be greased and do a proper bed-in procedure.

I think a good body shop should be able to re-align the rear hatch.

Have you replaced the radiator in yours? Is there a new radiator in the newly purchased LX? I recently had mine bust and I replaced it with an OEM, new OEM hoses and 2 gallons of coolant. I think I wrote about it here. I caught a sale with Lagrange Parts Online and got everything for less than $350! They are a great resource for OEM parts, buy online and go pick up when convenient. It's a huge money saver.

OP,

I don't know where y'all are at, but I'm on the southside near Newnan. I have a recently acquired 2013 LX and I'd love to do an AHC fluid flush and have some help.

As far as the brakes, I'd look at doing new OEM pads and possibly trying to see if the rotors can be turned unless money is not much of an issue, then just replace with OEM rotors. I'm a stickler for brake jobs - I wire wheel the hub free of all rust, replace all caliper hardware (new pins and clips), flush the fluid, check for boot leaks, etc. Then I carefully grease what needs to be greased and do a proper bed-in procedure.

I think a good body shop should be able to re-align the rear hatch.

Have you replaced the radiator in yours? Is there a new radiator in the newly purchased LX? I recently had mine bust and I replaced it with an OEM, new OEM hoses and 2 gallons of coolant. I think I wrote about it here. I caught a sale with Lagrange Parts Online and got everything for less than $350! They are a great resource for OEM parts, buy online and go pick up when convenient. It's a huge money saver.
Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we need to get together to service AHC!
Thanks for the brake and radiator (still original old and old design) advice... we will look into that!
What's the milage of your LX?
Mine has about 170K and I'm planning to swap out the AHC globes as well.
If you need the cheap source of 4 OEM AHC globes, then just let me know.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, we need to get together to service AHC!
Thanks for the brake and radiator (still original old and old design) advice... we will look into that!
What's the milage of your LX?
Mine has about 170K and I'm planning to swap out the AHC globes as well.
If you need the cheap source of 4 OEM AHC globes, then just let me know.
Our LX has 115k miles on it. Bought it at 109k.

I don't think I need new globes right now. I'm about to order two 2.5L tins of AHC Fluid from LaGrange Toyota. It's $40/each but they are on backorder, they said until the "11th", I took that to mean April.

Also, right now, LaGrange is offering free shipping over $75.

Also - I am not sure your LCA is leaking grease. As far as I know, those are just bolts through bushings. Your CV Axle might be leaking and throwing grease or your power steering hose/etc might be leaking.... Might want to take all the covers off and get a good flashlight and take a better look. Maybe shoot some brake clean around and wipe as much muck off as you can then re-check in a week.

I would be very careful with servicing the ahc. Lexus techs have been screwing up, but at least the dealer has been eating the cost to replace the pump if it dies. I’m putting off servicing mine due to pump issues being reported and bad batches of ahc fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom