Reccomend Mechanic? SLO area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

I need some work done on my 80. T-case seal and things.

Do you have a trusty mechanic in the area you could recommend? South county would be great but north county works.

Should we make a list?

I have brought my 80 to the boys at Toyworx in Grover Beach. They have had their hands on a lot of 80's and are very upfront when it comes to seeing what needs attention. Joe is also a major Toyotaholic and has a quiver of rad 4x4s. They can be a tad more expensive on certain things like parts but I think of it like paying a little more for piece of mind.
other options are: Trans-King in AG, or ???

IMG_20170405_140753.jpg

There's a guy named Mike in Cayucos that really knows cruisers. His main shop rig is a nice 80, he's also doing a couple of restorations and I regularly see 40's and 60's there as well. I haven't had work done there, but I have talked to him and he's legit.

Just looked it up. Nelson's Garage. 805-995-3658 Give them a call. My understanding is that ToyWorx has gotten expensive (I could be wrong there).

Since you guys are all slo county area, thought I would throw this out: I got a 4x4 Labs group buy going for anything they make. 10% off and I'm having a buddy pick the stuff and deliver it to me in AG for almost nothing for more savings. He's grabbing stuff for some guys in LA too.

Check out the buy in the 80's forum if interested. I'm getting a rear bumper with dual swings.

There's a guy named Mike in Cayucos that really knows cruisers. His main shop rig is a nice 80, he's also doing a couple of restorations and I regularly see 40's and 60's there as well. I haven't had work done there, but I have talked to him and he's legit.

Just looked it up. Nelson's Garage. 805-995-3658 Give them a call. My understanding is that ToyWorx has gotten expensive (I could be wrong there).
Awesome. Thanks!

Jimmy at Mastertech in AG has had a few cruisers at his place lately too, might be worth checking him out. I do know he does very honest work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom