Reccomend me a dog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, I would like to get a dog. i want something that is very smart, good withother dogs. I Want a dog because the one at my house right now a little bichon woosey dog thats afrais of rabbits.

ive been Doing some research for awhile, I really like Canaan's http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/canaan.htm .

-I want a Medium- bigish, dont want a great pyerniese( even that would beso cool). but dont want a chiwawa niether.

-But I dont want something that has a history for attacking, (like pit bulls or rotwhilers) even though i have nothing against those dogs. id rather not get into a bad situation. like law suits or what ever.

post up whatyou think would suit me best.

;p :D
hc.jpg

Some kind of shepard mix mut. Nothing purebred.

And female.

Damn eric, what breed is that? I think he said a medium sized dog.
I'd recommed a German Shorthaired Pointer. Best dog I've ever had. Smart, friendly with other dogs, and are great for hunting. They are very active though, mine runs laps around the property every day. :bounce: Without daily exercise they will tear your place up.

Get a lab or golden.

ignore eric's posts -- those dogs are way too big.

We are looking into a Border Collie.

An OES might be a good match for you:

1. Great with kids and other dogs;
2. Though it is hairy, it sheds very little.
3. Easy to train and obedient as hell (pure breds).
4. Good watch dog.
5. Great companion.

Last edited:
Go to the pound & get a mut.
One of them will catch your eye.
I have never gone wrong with a pound dog.

OES rules! How about a Wheaton Terrier? Big and smart.

Or a plain old mutt.

Had I the space, I would have gotten something larger than this guy.

Last edited:
that canaan is pretty cool looking...did you check on the manners of that breed.

want a very high energy large lap dog that will never leave your side, even if you yell at it...??
no shedding, not much anyhow. and they get lots of attention anywhere you take em..good chick magnet !!

Also if someone asked you what kind of dod it is, you can make something up....

A Weimaraner

dogs.jpg

Razor said:
that canaan is pretty cool looking...did you check on the manners of that breed.

want a very high energy large lap dog that will never leave your side, even if you yell at it...??
no shedding, not much anyhow. and they get lots of attention anywhere you take em..good chick magnet !!

Yeah, we wanted a feisty smart terrier. Thought about Norwichs, but they're expensive! So far he's been great, poops and pees in all the right places.

As far as the chick magnet... I wish I had known that when I was single! My wife bums when I take him out on my own. I've met people I would have never met before in my life, especially on the subway. I have young "gangbanger" kids coming up to me to meet him. Crazy.

Your parents know about this? ;)

My .02 is to read about the breed.. if you don't know anyone with one visit a breeder and see and interact with them first hand. You most likely will have it 10+ years.

That said I love sporting dogs. They aim to please their owners and are very loyal. I'm loyal to the bird dogs but they do require alot of attention and NEED exercise. My wife will be hard pressed to ever get me to stray from a GSP, and I grew up with labs and several litters of pups.

Just be careful when you let them after rabbits. Those suckers have too many places to hide in a neighborhood. My little Greta got hit by a motorcycle chasing one across the street.

German Shepard! (sp?)
My grandparents had one on their farm, most obedient dog ever!
Still liked me after I yanked her tail. When I was little of course!
She would catch rocks, never like sticks or anything, just rocks...
She died a few years back... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom