Recall Refusal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had both of these done by a dealership in long island a week ago. In the initial call, they said I was good to go. They then gave me some grief when I dropped the truck off, which turned out to be because they had typed in the vin wrong.

Long story short, they turned it around in a few days. was NOT an issue of "no parts available. Mention to your dealer that there are a number of people that have a vested interest in you not burning to death in your truck, and that they know some good attorneys. That should impress the severity of the situation on the dealer.

My deal was: the dealership replaces the parts, and the labor in the book that the parts are supposed to take. If it requires extra hours (due to rust, modifications, etc) then it's on me to pay the difference. Seemed fair enough, especially when they said that they'd let me know and have me authorize any cost overruns above what toyota would reimburse them for. Competition toyota in middle island, new york, if anyone's interested. Good people.

My local dealer will jump on them in a heartbeat.....

HI GUYS, I HAVE A 87 FJ60, ITS EXPORT TO MEXICO SINCE 11 MONTHS AGO, I LIVE IN ENSENADA. BAJA CALIFORNIA MEXICO, SOMEONES KNOW IF THAT A PROBLEM TO CHANGE MY GAS TANK AND SEAT BELT IN ANY DEALER IN U.S.?:rolleyes:

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

just got mine back last week, no problem, replaced all hoses with it, they got the wrong tank the first time but finally got the right one.

they ordered parts for the outboard rear seat belt retractors....and also the fuel tank swap which is all the vent lines and solid feed lines, gaskets, grommets, everything...pretty much everything is brand new up to front of truck it looks like from schematic.

HI GUYS, I HAVE A 87 FJ60, ITS EXPORT TO MEXICO SINCE 11 MONTHS AGO, I LIVE IN ENSENADA. BAJA CALIFORNIA MEXICO, SOMEONES KNOW IF THAT A PROBLEM TO CHANGE MY GAS TANK AND SEAT BELT IN ANY DEALER IN U.S.?:rolleyes:

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

You can try. I kind of doubt it though 'cause it's no longer a U.S. vehicle. I know that Canadian trucks DO NOT qualify for the fuel tank recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom