1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recall notice for Mega Cruiser & Coaster

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by drexx, Aug 6, 2005.

1. drexx

drexx

06Aug2005 (UTC +8)

This is about the most useful recall notice to us all just yet :D

Translated by Google:
    http://translate.google.com/transla...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I just discovered that the Mega Cruiser shares a lot of parts with other platforms for more that I thought. The A442 and A343 tranny models, for example, are used on our 80- and 100-series (90- & 120-series Prado share the A343). While the Toyoace G25, Coaster 4wd bus, and Dyna 200 shares with the Mega Cruiser the turbo-diesel engine, tranny, and drivetrain...

/* Please help. I'm hopelessly daydreaming again, for hours & hours on end. */

2. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

Ah, I see. It makes perfect sense now...

"Doing to apply annoyance, there is no excuse truly in everyone of regular use, but making guide from the Toyota store, because it receives, ahead of time, the Mega cruiser of the vicinity, it comes to the coaster handling store and reservation receives store day and time, inspection * repair (no charge) to receive that it receives, it asks."

3. Stone

Stone Moderator

Bruce: Maybe Master Yoda wrote it? :D

4. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

While the Force be with you .. !!! :bounce:

5. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips

so is it fair to assume that Toyota built 145 of the mega cruisers from 96 to 01?

6. canadam

canadam

With the little reading I've done on the Mega Cruiser, from what I can tell the only thing Toyota about it is the badges. This would explain why it shares so many parts with other vehicles. I believe it was a joint Mitsubishi and AM General build. Please correct me if I've been misinformed.

7. lowenbrau

lowenbrau

You have been.

I defy you to find a 15BT in anything but a Toyota product. It is a Toyota and AMG cooperation. Compare the portals and you'll find the MegaCruiser ones similar to the Hino ones and not the Hummer ones. The door handles however, do look a lot like the HMMVEE

8. Ocelot

Ocelot

I do believe AM General Helped but its pretty much all toyota. The military version of the mega cruiser is mostly mitsubushi though, but still has a lot of Toyota.

So how long till Japan sells these as surplus? :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Eric Winkworth

Eric Winkworth

ohh my god, I think I just blew my load!

10. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    my understanding was that it is part Mitsu, as there is a Mitsu just like the Mega Cruiser.

145 sounds about right, for the public, I think there were more made for the Military.

some info
    http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/tlc_megacruiser.htm

QUOTE=lowenbrau]You have been.

I defy you to find a 15BT in anything but a Toyota product. It is a Toyota and AMG cooperation. Compare the portals and you'll find the MegaCruiser ones similar to the Hino ones and not the Hummer ones. The door handles however, do look a lot like the HMMVEE[/QUOTE]

11. canadam

canadam

What I had read was that it was a Mitusu / AMG design that Toyota had bought. I was unclear with what I had said, and read