Rec. for where to buy driving lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

murf

Lifer
Threads
I'm on the search for some smallish (4-5") driving lights of decent quality and pricing. Any suggestions on where to look?

I want to cut them into a front bumper so compact housing design would be preffered.

Any on-line sources?

are you cutting them into the ARB?

No, having a new from bumper fabbed and having them cut into that one. Another club member is buying my ARB when its all said and done.

Ill post up pics when its completed.

are you cutting them into the ARB?

After seeing your video on your light performance, I went and bought a set of the same per your suggestion. Dem sukah's are bright!

Thanks!

Have you contacted Mot for some OEM/JDM lights that he might have in his stash. He only has high quality JDM stuff. Drop him a line. Hell of a good guy.

Onur,

Thanks for the plug! :crybaby:

Unfortunately I only have fogs (except my own stash of Hella's and Koito's :hillbilly:) and they all mount on (top of) the bumper.

It sounds like you've got it resolved already, but I liked what Steve (airlaird) had done with his bumper (had fog/driving mounted in it). I believe it's no longer his rig though...

Good luck and have fun!

Mot

I'm on the search for some smallish (4-5") driving lights of decent quality and pricing. Any suggestions on where to look?

I want to cut them into a front bumper so compact housing design would be preffered.

Any on-line sources?
A bit of a late reply, but I mounted Hella 500's on the top of my stock bumper and replaced the 55W H3 bulbs with 100W, upgrading wiring and fuses of course. The beam pattern is kind of a circular spotlight, but very bright with great penetration - much longer than high beams, and for about $75 for the lights it was good value. The seal around the glass headlamp to the ABS plastic housing wasn't water tight enough for my taste so I put a bead of clear silicone in. Very happy with the result. If I was to do it again I'd use the Slee wiring harness instead of building my own. New to the forum and didn't know they existed...

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom