Rebuilt cylinder head value? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOR has reconditioned heads well over 2K.

Depends what kind of documentation you have on it.
Recent mag particle inspection?
Receipts from the shop that did it, reflecting what they did to it?

72 means F head or F.5? Downside is when you’re selling they are worth nothing. But, if you NEED one, they are worth $1000+. I’ve been trying to give away 2 heads off good running F engines and no takers. As soon as I scrap them, I or someone else will be in dire need of one.

Also depends on location and willingness to ship.

72 means F head or F.5? Downside is when you’re selling they are worth nothing. But, if you NEED one, they are worth $1000+. I’ve been trying to give away 2 heads off good running F engines and no takers. As soon as I scrap them, I or someone else will be in dire need of one.

Also depends on location and willingness to ship.

Shipping is a big one. Opens up the market but then you gotta crate it up.

Edit: sorry this was a 2F. Apparently I can't delete posts?

SOR has reconditioned heads well over 2K.

but how many of those do they actually sell?

I would think it's worth $600-800, if properly rebuilt, perhaps with receipts. You can ask $2K, but you'll never actually sell it at that price.

Edit: sorry this was a 2F. Apparently I can't delete posts?

Don't delete it, maybe someone will see my ad :D

but how many of those do they actually sell?

Probably many, to shops that don't want a 40 or 60 that cracked a head sitting in their bay for weeks while they source a mystery used one and then have it machined.

Earlier last year I was in a bind and needed a cylinder head asap. I bought an SOR head and it shipped same-day, was packaged perfectly, and shipping cost was very reasonable for what I was getting. Runs great too.

As for the cost, it went on a customer 40 that was already into deep 5-figure range. After labor and all other new OEM parts the cost of the head itself was marginal for a shop bill.

As for a DIY'er that can park the truck for a month it's a different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom