SOLD Rebuilt 86 FJ60 2F engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
$4600

This is my ad on craigs list. No problem helping with shipping.

Rebuilt 1986 FJ60 Landcruiser engine

I owned the 60 this engine was in. It had a bad valve and was removed for diesel conversion at 220K. I sold the original head years ago. I put this engine together recently and it may still be used in a 60 or 55 project.

I also have a used early 60 4 speed/tcase that can go with it.

Last edited:
CL ad expired. Should have posted as FS in the first place.

A little background if its a hangup for someone. Ive been working on cars my whole life. Working on cruisers specifically since 1993. Im not new to engine rebuilding and most of my rebuilding experience is with cruiser diesel engines. Im rebuilding a 12HT at the moment for a local owner.

I realize the price probably seems high to those looking at the ad. Its expensive to do all the machine work that went into this engine. At the price Im offering Im just trying to recoup something for the time I have spent on disassembly, cleaning parts, and reassembly as well as the added balancer, clutch, and flywheel.

Info from ad below(it has been re posted as well)

Fully rebuilt 1986 land cruiser 2F engine. This is a long block. You will have to transfer your intake, mounts, accessories etc before installation. It does include the harmonic balancer, flywheel, and a new clutch as these parts were all balanced together by the machine shop.

Block was checked for cracks, bored, crank ground, mains line honed, and rods reconditioned (checked for cracks and big ends re-sized).
New parts listed below
Pistons
Bearings
Oil pump
Cam gear
Cam/Lifters
Gaskets/seals
Freeze plugs

Head was checked for cracks and pressure tested after assembly
New parts listed below
Valves
Guides
Springs
Seals and freeze plugs

Would consider selling the head and block separate

I may add more parts to this engine as I do have an intake/exhaust, oil filter/cooling housing and a cooler, and most of the mounts.

Not in the market, but a few pix might help. Just sayin' cuz da peoples like 'em. :meh:

Pics. Flywheel and pressure plate were balanced along with the rest of the rotating assembly.

I can include this PS pump and mount.

IMG_4486.JPG

IMG_4487.JPG

Newest version Toyota head gasket was used. Toyota front and rear seals. Other gaskets are aftermarket.
Gaskets to install intake etc will go with the engine.
Oil cooler was cleaned and pressure tested.

IMG_4480.JPG

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4482.JPG

New Toyota thermostat and water pump. Would love to see this go to someone who could use it. I just dont have a use for it right now.

I would build a steel cradle for shipping anywhere in the US. Could install it for a fee if you are local.

Lynch is the real deal! I would drive two states to have this man wrench on a cruiser!

Hope all is well man!

Clint

how much to ship to tx 75032

I am interested can send money today

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom