rebuilt 2FE engine for sale, in SLC, UT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD!!!

Engine is in my garage in salt lake city.

i am going to change my next project to a diesel, so i am selling my 2FE. if you are looking for a 2F short block or a 3FE head, or the whole set up, let me know! i would prefer to sell the assembly whole, but for the right price, i'd be willing to separate it

i have everything needed to do a complete swap on a carbureted vehicle, as far as i know, including wiring harness and ECU. i have the manifolds, AFM, a rebuilt and bored-out throttle body, fuel rail, injectors, etc...

i have put $4k+ into the set up, i need to get $2500 out of it. the motor has been fully rebuilt by ProMachine in salt lake city, with balanced rods, pistons, and crank all on a toyota bearing and gasket kit. port and polish on the head, larger valves, HPC coatings on the bearings and piston skirts, and a longer duration cam. i also have a balanced 2F flywheel to go with it. i think as it is built, it would be a beast of a motor as it should run as strong as a 2F with the EFI reliability of the 3FE.

open to trades if you have a 1HZ, or another creative idea!

Last edited:
there were a number of requests for photos. rather than wait for all the e-mail addresses...

let me know if you need to see something specific.
spread.jpg

parts2.jpg

wiring.jpg

the photos show just about everything i have. i know i have a new water pump too, its in one of my parts tubs and i forgot to dig it out. the wiring is in three bundles, the one on the left is the EFI harness for the engine, the middle pile is most of what needs to be plugged into the ECU, and the bag is the rest of the harness. i also have a bell housing that will work for the H55 or the H41/42 with clutch windows on both sides.

the intake manifold was bead blasted, with the machined faces left untouched. notice the throttle body is nice and shiny. it has been reworked with a larger butterfly.

a couple of upgrades to note....

the first photo shows the dreaded head freeze plug fix. the hole was tapped and filled with an epoxied hex plug.

the second photo shows an F motor external pressure regulator. i modified the original oil pump with a second outlet and polished the guts. the second outlet goes to the original F oiling passages where an external hose will need to be added to meet with the main bearing oil passage via the threaded hole towards the back of the engine. my original plan was to add a second oil filter here. this modification allows externally adjustable pump pressure to go directly to the bearings. this was covered in trails a number of years ago....
freeze-plug.jpg
manifold-block.jpg

If I was only closer it would be sold. (bet you've heard that a couple times already) Good luck on your awesome sale.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!! I'm probably not 20 minutes away from you, and i just bought a 3fe on saturday for my 2fe project.:bang: this would have been so much easier, oh well. I have yet to find an ecu and harness, if you want to sell those separately i could pick the up from your door this week. if you have a fuel pump/tank for this project i'd be interested in that as well

dang! that'd been a perfect fit. oh well.

probably not going to split up the harness and stuff until somebody starts bidding for pieces. i'd like to keep the set together for someone who would want to do the same upgrade.

PM sent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom