Rebuilding LX450 E-lockers lube question... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've done extensive searches on here and I'm not quite sure what type of grease/lube to use on the inside of the actuators(where worm gear, round gear and electrical prongs are found.

I've seen a post where raventai says not to use conductive grease, and yet another user uses dielectric grease.

I have some electric motor grease ready to use, but now am wondering if that type of conductive grease would cause issues with the three metallic prongs. I know @NLXTACY sells 'body grease", but I already have that other grease I can use if it's ok to do so. (See pics)

And finally.. I'm a cheap bastard and am planning on reusing my o-rings. What's to stop me from using a light coat of FIPG sealer (rtv) on the o-ring to better seal it? TIA!

20200811_214039.jpg

20200811_214020.jpg

I've seen a post where raventai says not to use conductive grease, and yet another user uses dielectric grease.
Dielectric grease is not conductive. A Dielectric is an insulator. Since dielectric grease is silicone based, it should be fine and won't harm anything in my opinion.

Dielectric grease is not conductive. A Dielectric is an insulator. Since dielectric grease is silicone based, it should be fine and won't harm anything in my opinion.

So it can also be used on electrical connections to keep moisture out. 🤔

The amount of grease left on the one in hour picture is sufficient. It doesn’t take much at all.

The bigger issue is when you open the actuator to find this inside.
A37B1E44-F946-44F2-87D2-464463276B31.jpeg

The amount of grease left on the one in hour picture is sufficient. It doesn’t take much at all.

The bigger issue is when you open the actuator to find this inside.
View attachment 2401594

Which is why I was thinking of putting a light coating of FIPG on the o-ring...to keep water out.

Which is why I was thinking of putting a light coating of FIPG on the o-ring...to keep water out.
You could, but you will have trouble if you ever need to open it again. I put a light coat of silicone grease on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom