Rebuilding a 2F- parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hicruise55

IH8MUD VOYEUR
Threads
So I started with putting a new cam in, found bad cam bearings... checked the rods/mains not bad, pistons cylinders look good as well. Going to do all new bearings, gaskets, rings. Question is- who to get those parts from? OEM$$, MAF$$, local parts store? I know it's gonna be spendy- but... anyone on here passing on deals?

I'm having Delta cam grind a tourqe cam, want to shave the head- how much?

I used PacLift for parts 9.5 yrs ago. Here's the number I have in my phone - 800-421-5438

And Mark Whatley for a camshaft

Hi All:

Aaron, look up Todd (Spotcruiser) either here on MUD or on the Seattle Cruiserheads list. He re-built a 2F about 2 years ago.

Good luck!

Alan

Mostly looking for a hookup on gasket set/seals, bearings, and rings... I will try PacLift also heard about Ron's Precison Machine Toyota master engine rebuild kit | kits Parts

I am interviewing machinists right now to see if they will do what I need/want and pricing, cam is coming from Delta as they're a couple blocks from my work and known nationwide. They are going to grind a 1100-2800rpm cam for me. Delta Camshaft

Head will be milled to .060 (still within factory spec/and reasonable gas), will be balanced, head oil plug tapped/plugged, and some port matching maybe clean up the chambers a little...

Not trying to build a monster engine I rarely run my FJ55 over 4K- efficency/reliability is more of a concern to me- plus next is the splitcase 4:1 gears ;)

I'd buy the gasket kit from Toyota as the head gasket is the best available (one of the Mud vendors can hook you up). Bearings and rings would come from the machinist once he/she figures out what size you'll need.

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom