Rebuild 2F Fuel Pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PabloCruise

SILVER Star
Threads
I have my carb off for a rebuild. The shop said there was plenty of funk in there, so I thought I would take a look inside the fuel pump to see how things looked.

The diaphragms look good, and a minimum amount of dirt inside. I sprayed out the inside with brake cleaner.

Is there anything else to do? Is this pump good to go?

IMG_9534.JPG
IMG_9533.JPG
IMG_9532.JPG

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I don't have a good answer for you other than it looks good. There is a possiblity of a tear or pinhole that might cause some issues, but I think you clean it, slap it back on and roll with it.

I think that is all you can do. Aside from looking for wear on the arm, or pivot points inside. Biggest issue will be if the delicate rubber seals back up. As far as I can tell there are no rebuild kits for these anymore. If she leaks when you are done, that may be end of the pump :(

No one knows?

No one cares?

Other?
Brake cleaner?? would that compromise the seals/diaphragms? Brake cleaner contains lots of acetone--totally not compatible with even Viton---

Last edited:
It's been ages since I last rebuilt a mechanical pump, it looks good from pictures but will it seal up when you put it together? If it doesn't leak do a cranking volume test and see how much fluid you get in 30 sec. or a full minute rule of thumb is about a quart for every minute. Just my 2 pennies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom