Reasonable Deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ccasteel

SILVER Star
Threads
DD for now. Who knows what tomorrow brings. The listing does mention a center locking differential. I just assumed it was factory. Is there something in that phrase that tells you it's not factory? I'm totally unfamiliar with the 80 series.

91 and 92's are very underpowered. Same engine as the 62 series with much more weight. Dont believe they offered lockers in those years. I personally wouldnt want one no matter what the price. Keep hunting. I bought my daughters back in Jan for 3500. 95 model with locker and OME lift. You can find a 93 or newer model for that price.

Roger that. I probably need to finish what I've already started anyway.

good idea! stay focused.. it's hard I know but worth it in the end.. I just spent hours at the junkyard in the rain trying to get stuff to finish mine.

pick n pull.. half off sale this weekend.. you can find what they have online if you search hard enough otherwise its a lot of walking.

I have a soft spot for the '91 and '92's. Maybe cause dad had one. They're dogs for sure, but the have a different feel abou them than the later models. Somehow more truck like. Doesn't make alot of sense with it just being an engine and tranny difference, and a few interior tweaks.

The later ones have bigger breaks, the last two years had full float rear axles. Strangely, they dropped the center diff lock in the US when they added the axle lockers (still locked in low) - but the wiring is sill there if you want to add the switch. Comes in handy when you blow up a birf and have to drive home in 2wd. If you plan on modding in the futures, there are some nicely moded ones out there

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/483890-1997-lexus-lx450-37s-tulsa-ok.html

Shameless plug ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom