Reason for removing Stainless brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lockd80

Totally right
Threads
I was just going thrue the recipts from the PO and found that he had purchased stainless brake lines when he ordered the lift from Slee. There are no stainless lines on the vehicle now and was wondering if there would be any reason for not installing them or removing them from a 80.
I have had very good results with quality stainless lines on other ABS cars before but this got me to wondering if I should avoid them for some reason on my 80?

Maybe he never installed them? :confused:

Maybe he never installed them? :confused:

That is probably what happened but I got a big box of new parts with the rig and no brake lines. He might have given them away or sold them to someone else but I thought I would ask if there were any problems I should look out for. I am planning on buying some stainless lines next time I order from Slee and wanted to make sure they are ok.

Another possibility - the PO might have two or more cruisers and the one you got had never seen the line. ;)

:hmm:

The lines were probably never installed.

I bought my last 80 already lifted with 37's. I asked PO if he had extended brake lines and lower gears and said no, they werent important. After I bought the truck he said he forgot he had the lines and gears he already had bought for it and tried to sell them to me to get a few extra bucks...sometimes even LC owners are sleezeballs.

I would have given the benefit of the doubt, but he was a used car salesman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom