Rear wiper stops at top swing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just replaced my rear wiper motor and arm. When I bought my cruiser it did not have the rear wiper anymore. My question is when I turn off the switch is stops in the vertical position not the horizontal. Did I put in the inner arm backwards?Thanks

It goes back and forth. Not sure what your asking. Does the inner arm go on top of the rotating piece or the bottom.

Take off the arm, move it to where it SHOULD be stopped.

Reattach arm.

Turn on wiper motor. It should go through proper swing. If not, you did it wrong.

It goes back and forth. Not sure what your asking.
For a single wipe the spindle should rotate counter-clockwise 90 degrees and then clockwise 90 degrees and stop.
If it does that, then simply detach the wiper arm from the spindle, allow it to go through 1 complete motion, and then re-attach the arm to the spindle in the "home" position.

So if the wiper stops in the vertical position when it is turned on it drops to the horizontal position. If I remove it and put it in the horizontal position when stopped it then goes 90 degrees down from the horizontal position. I might be close but I'm not a complete moron.

you will have to open up the hatch and access the linkage on the inside,there is an arm flipped around the wrong way,mine was doing the same thing only in the opposite direction-swiping down on the lower hatch and then stopping in what looked like the correct position.its one of the first things i fixed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom