rear wiper and rear heater supposed to be lit up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched and couldn't find anything. Are the rear heater and rear wiper switch supposed to be lit up when the headlights are on?

Rear wiper switch doesn't have a light.

Rear glass heater switch should not come on automatically with the headlights.

well bummer. Sometimes i find myself turning on the wiper when i mean to turn on the heater. Oh well thanks guys.

Aren't there white lights above/in front of these switches to light the face of the switch? I believe there are on my FJ62. These lights are not very bright, and may be burned out on your truck. There is a federal requirement for switches to be lit....

I was just looking at the wiring diagram in the back of the 'Chassis-Body 1980' FSM and noticed that according to the wiring diagram, the FJ60 is supposed to have a light that comes on when the Rear Defroster switch is closed (on)....and ANOTHER light that is controlled by the Rheostat that is labeled 'Defogger', so it must be some sort of dash light over the defogger switch...

...nevermind that I have a 60 and neither of these lights do or ever have worked since I've owned the vehicle...

I did not find a light on the Rear Windshield Wiper switch.

Rear Defogger Switch Wire Diagram_chassis-body-1980 FSM.jpg

Defogger Light Wire Diagram_chassis-body-1980 FSM.jpg

when the defroster is pushed there is a little light. But there is not a back light :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom