Rear Window (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I posted my FJ55 for sale on craigslist this morning, hopefully looking to trade for an FJ62... and then I just got really sad and changed my mind and went out and dragged it out of the pasture and started taking inventory of all that I need to do to it to get it driving.

Right now, I just need to clean it out. It's got 10 years of Nevada dust inside it, plus a few years of Grass Valley dust and dirt in it now, and it's just nasty inside. I am going to pull the seats out and just hose it out with soap and water, just get in and start scrubbing. I need to get the rear hatch open though, and the window isn't opening.

I hooked a batter and alligator clips up, and it clunks up and down, but there is NO movement from the window. I suspect that little gear is dead, but I have no idea how to get the window down without the motor working. IS there a trick? I'm sure it's doable.. but I broke the window on the junkyard pig I took parts off trying to get it down.. don't want to do the same to mine.

Yes! I got it down... took a while, but I got it all apart. Going to hook it to power now that it's out and see if it moves. Everything was coated in pretty thick dirt and nastiness... I'm HOPING that maybe the gear is OK and it was just frozen up. Not expecting that to be the case.. just hoping.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom