Rear window replacement gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here ya go! Pics for reference. Don’t forget to add some waterproof grease of some sort.

8B3FDCC3-049F-44C5-8B6C-1917E5D6F429.jpeg

1FCA7494-5732-4902-BB71-0440F57CF407.jpeg

AD3884C1-668C-4FBA-9436-A04542AED2F4.jpeg

F44ACCE3-C79F-47C5-9241-A9CB64FBA24A.jpeg

That looks great, I just ordered two. How much did replating cost? I would love to have this done just not sure around here where I could get this done.

That looks great, I just ordered two. How much did replating cost? I would love to have this done just not sure around here where I could get this done.
There’s a shop in Utah that does yellow zinc plating.
FYI - I’m gonna use this shop in Utah.

So I did the prep work and lightly blasted with AE grade glass bead. At 25psi. You can’t just blast stuff and have it zinc’d or it will have a deep profile and look goofy.
You will want to call around your local area for an electroplating business and ask if they do yellow zinc. My cost and what someone else would pay will differ because I own a surface prep company. I do not do plating though. I just handed them to a customer of mine all prepped and said yellow zinc this please.

586CB91C-71A9-4ED0-A9BF-8FC1A8BF25BC.jpeg

92E8B8E4-1587-462A-B09B-8C3A62D40F44.jpeg

FAFA5C9B-407D-4168-9C7C-EF2D891AB47E.jpeg

B7E18CB9-4156-4F90-988B-C45755D8FB03.jpeg

D6F23927-092A-488C-951C-0391D3DBC0AA.jpeg

Hey Blast,

When I bead blasted mine, there was a lot of residual material stuck in hard to get out of places. Window cranks were the worse. What was your method of flushing out the grit?

Hey Blast,

When I bead blasted mine, there was a lot of residual material stuck in hard to get out of places. Window cranks were the worse. What was your method of flushing out the grit?
CFM is the key. Lots of volume of air. It’s not fair to compare because a home run or small business blast cabinet / compressor isn’t the same results as what is happening with my parts.
When you move a great deal of air and small amount of media (in this case spherical bead) it cleans properly as it should. If you are finding your media piling up on the surface you are cleaning it’s generally because your compressor isn’t pumping enough CFM. Which is very normal and not your fault it’s just most compressors cannot keep up with any type of blasting. But, most try anyways.

Dang, awesome, thanks!
CFM is the key. Lots of volume of air. It’s not fair to compare because a home run or small business blast cabinet / compressor isn’t the same results as what is happening with my parts.
When you move a great deal of air and small amount of media (in this case spherical bead) it cleans properly as it should. If you are finding your media piling up on the surface you are cleaning it’s generally because your compressor isn’t pumping enough CFM. Which is very normal and not your fault it’s just most compressors cannot keep up with any type of blasting. But, most try anyways.
Is there an ideal CFM that's obtainable with shop compressor to accomplish what your describing? Building shop this winter and putting together list of things I want to fill it.

This is a pocket reference one of the manufactures or real sandblast equipment gave me years ago. It’s pretty basic stuff. It’s not lieing either.

When it says nozzle size… think drill bit size… yep that’s right!

View attachment 2796331
Interesting information. So maybe a better question is what's your business address so we can just mail our parts? :D

Just ordered one for back When I devised my 71 recently it looked in good shape

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom