Rear Window Motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think I am getting moisture in the back window -- rubber strip is shot.

The rear window sticks -- If I push it a bit it will go down but have to keep working it up and down (electronic) to get it all the way down or up. Last week I was lucky to get it down. Any solutions or advice as to "where" to start?

Thanks
75 PIG

See also 75PIG update in the classified --- posted it in wrong location. Should I move it -- I am looking for some carb parts too?

Thanks Snailwagon

What do you use for grease. Will try it --- annoying bugger.

Added some pics -- rubber is getting hard but channel seems to be clear --- the lower rubber is deteriorated so was leaning towards something else mechanical --- maybe not, will try the grease.

Anybody else want to chime in with their experience with this?

Thanks

my window used to be real slow, real real slow. sometimes while rolling up it would trip the breaker and i would have to wait a little bit before i could finish rolling it up. i dont know exactly what it was or to which end was the fix, but i pretty much took it all apart, cleaned it, greased it and put it all back together to have it working pretty smooth and quick now.

My rear window acted the same as rhino's then all of a sudden, it stopped all together. Took it apart and foung that the nylon gear on the motor was busted. Ordered a new one from toyota and havent had an issue yet.

Pig Head posted a good part number for the gear a while back.

Chuck

Rhino - Snailwagon-Yotahilux

Thanks for the starting path -- appreciated

Check out my "other" post on 55 classifieds -- looking for some stuff to get it on the road.

thanks again

i had a rather odd problem with my rear window, it would go up really quickly yet take ages to go down. i pulled it apart and realised the helper springs were around the wrong way. problem fixed, cleaned and greased also, and it now works fine. now i just need a new key switch, as mine is fubar.

I found that it sticks when the window frame on the bottom contacts the motor inside. On mine this is due to a loose tailgate--ie, if I push on the gate and have someone operate the switch it works fine. BTW, anybody know if there is an adjustment on the tailgate latch?
Good Luck,
Dan

For lube, I used something called white lightning. It is a paraffin based lube mixed in petroleum distillates, meant for bicycles. Doesn't dissolve the rubber. Any thing you can squirt in the channel will work, but if your rubber is in good shape, don't ruin it with chemicals. Mine goes down just fine, but every now and then getting the window up takes a little tug part way up. Lube it and forget it. A while ago my window would barely go up and down, then a month later my battery died. With the new battery, the window moved quick.

White lighntning! I can remember that. I will eventually prbably clean everything up since I haven't had the back panel off yet.

Thanks again for all of the input.

75PIG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom