Rear window molle panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Does this exist for the 200 series? If not, is there even a market? I have 4 kids and on longer strips storage is embarrassing at best. With 4 kids in tow, I need more storage space. Having a molle area on the rear windows would solve a lot of my problems. Perhaps @TrekboxX can do this??

Thanks,
-Chris

Did you look at Raingler website. If they don’t have anything they could probably make some.

I checked their site, was looking for something more along the lines of this. Not even sure it could work but it's always good to ask.

-Chris

image_d4d7b25d-0469-480f-aaca-7ca7c0322350_2552x.jpg

Perhaps @TrekboxX can do this??

I coud, but it would be easier/faster for those companies already making them. Also, IMO they waste a lot of space. There is a good amount of space no longer useable behind them.

All Trekboxx barriers are molle compatible. Jus sayin. :)

I coud, but it would be easier/faster for those companies already making them. Also, IMO they waste a lot of space. There is a good amount of space no longer useable behind them.

All Trekboxx barriers are molle compatible. Jus sayin. :)

That type of design above may possibly interfere with the curtain airbag. Not a great idea especially with kids sitting back there.

Good point on a the air bag. It’s just so terrible with space back there. That last window on each side seemed like a good spot to hang a pouch for their water, books, etc..

That panel is made by Rago Fabrication, I recognize the logo from when I had them on my 4Runner. www.ragofabrication.com When they did some for the 5th Gen 4Runner, it all started with a group buy. I was a purchaser but not involved in setting up the group buy so I don’t know if there was a minimum to get started.

I had previously contacted Orange Boxx Fabrication, who makes panels for various Toyota vehicles including 100 Series, but they don’t have anything yet for 200 Series. Perhaps if there’s enough interest they’ll get on it...

Orange Boxx Fabrication | Orange boxx fabrication | Greensboro N.C.

I emailed these guys and got a nice surprise...

Thank you for dropping us a line. We are actually working on this project now along with several other things. Everything is still in testing. As soon as we get it all finalized we will post pictures and prices on Facebook, Instagram, and on our website.

Have you already tried/rejected the seat-back Molle from Blue Ridge Overland Gear? They can hold quite a bit depending on what you attach...and can be had for second row seat back as well as front.

Here is one of my two front seat-back Molle setups... You could have four of these & possibly 5 if you did three across the back of row two for third row passenger access if you are using the third row.

C75B0361-8060-4521-AAAC-7B9BB9B8953D.jpeg

I tried the seat back Molle thing. Got rid of it. Totally ruins the legroom for the second row seats, unless you move the front seat all the way forward. And forget tumbling the second row for cargo.

With the 3rd row seats removed that space above cup holders and in front of windows is prime real estate for additional storage. I’ve now got ARB drawers, which is a fantastic upgrade, but I am greedy for more. My only concern with the apparently soon to be available window molle panels is that their mounting point will be where the grab handles were and now the ARB divider is attached..

Ive reached out to Rago Fabrication and Orange Boxx fab and neither are building these but are willing to. Both need a vehicle. Rago is in Texas and Orange is in North Carolina. Any members want to help? Both are forum sponsors and have threads in the sponsor/vendor section.

Ive reached out to Rago Fabrication and Orange Boxx fab and neither are building these but are willing to. Both need a vehicle. Rago is in Texas and Orange is in North Carolina. Any members want to help? Both are forum sponsors and have threads in the sponsor/vendor section.

I let them know I'd drive up and drop the truck for some quick measurements, etc. Plan on camping out that way this Fall anyway

This is a pretty old thread, but I went to the Rago Fab booth at expo west this year to ask about rear window molle panels. Seems they're still interested in making them but still need a vehicle. Told them I'd be interested in dropping mine off for a day so they could get whatever they need. Only thing I need is to find a good time to go this summer. 🤣

Does this exist for the 200 series? If not, is there even a market? I have 4 kids and on longer strips storage is embarrassing at best. With 4 kids in tow, I need more storage space. Having a molle area on the rear windows would solve a lot of my problems. Perhaps @TrekboxX can do this??

Thanks,
-Chris

Ya... I can see the appeal. It wouldn’t add much capacity...but kids could turn and grab items during long drives...

This is another reason why I think Lexus could offer a 300 series that is an XL version... (or a 570XL) for people who want a legit off-road family hauler...AND LUGGAGE. Right now it’s either the Sequoia or a Suburban-based mister. No...it would not be ideal for crazy trails...but I think they’d Sell like hot cakes...especially to the Lexus folks who end up in a Cadillac XL because there's not much else to choose from in the large category of very-up-scale SUVs.

Porsche... Tiny.
Infinity... Blah.
Cadillac=glorified Suburban & marginal 4WD system.
Range Rover small too.

Hey Lexus... How about a super Cruiser or...just an extra foot or so back there for the families who actually need to bring clothing along? :)

Last edited:
Ya... I can see the appeal. It wouldn’t add much capacity...but kids could turn and grab items during long drives...

One concern I remember reading with having a molle panel on the rear side window was that it could impede the airbags back there.

This is another reason why I think Lexus could offer a 300 series that is an XL version... (or a 570XL) for people who want a legit off-road family hauler...AND LUGGAGE. Right now it’s either the Sequoia or a Suburban-based mister. No...it would not be ideal for crazy trails...but I think they’d Sell like hot cakes...especially to the Lexus folks who end up in a Cadillac XL because there's not much else to choose from in the large category of very-up-scale SUVs.

Porsche... Tiny.
Infinity... Blah.
Cadillac=glorified Suburban & marginal 4WD system.
Range Rover small too.

Hey Lexus... How about a super Cruiser or...just an extra foot or so back there for the families who actually need to bring clothing along? :)

Like the Mega Cruiser that Toyota built from 1995-2002?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom