Rear Wind Deflector (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to get this thread side tracked but i've had two post's disappear here on mud since I joined. Both were about totally diff things. If I remember right, one was about Land Cruiser getting discontinued and the other was gauging interest in a 100 series t-shirt here (because a supporting vendor here on mud made other series t-shirts). Maybe a combination of words in my post flagged it as spam/noncompliant?

Yeah, I will ping you when I get the parts myself. Should be Friday. I have the brackets, the screws that hold the brackets to the deflector, and the screws that hold the brackets to the rear hatch.

And yes, I had 4-5 posts disappear yesterday/.

If you mean the brackets that mount to the hatch, it was me. Hope so at least. And not sure what happened to the post. Standing by. Thanks.
If you mean the brackets that mount to the hatch, it was me. Hope so at least. And not sure what happened to the post. Standing by. Thanks.
OK, I got the parts, and can send you the brackets and screws. How about $20.00 including shipping?
Yeah, I will ping you when I get the parts myself. Should be Friday. I have the brackets, the screws that hold the brackets to the deflector, and the screws that hold the brackets to the rear hatch.

And yes, I had 4-5 posts disappear yesterday/.

Hey do you still want the brackets and bolts? I have everything and can ship to you for $20.00 including shipping.

Anyone else need the rear wing hardware? JT seems to have flown the coop. I have the screws and the angle brackets that attach the car to the deflector.

Why are my posts being deleted? All I want to do is sell someone the mounting brackets for a 100 rear wind deflector.

hello. I saw your post but mine were also deleted from here and put into the classified ones. so I was told. but you might be able to contact that one guy direct. I, for some reason get a message about your posting. I don't know why. But put the brackets on the classified section. you might have better luck.

Hey do you still want the brackets and bolts? I have everything and can ship to you for $20.00 including shipping.
Hey! Sorry. I never got the ping. $20 works for me. I’ll private message you for the rest of the info.

Why are my posts being deleted? All I want to do is sell someone the mounting brackets for a 100 rear wind deflector.

Hmmm...

Could it possibly be, because your posts to try to sell something, are being made in the "Tech" section of the forum, instead of the "Classifieds" section of the forum, where they probably belong?

Last edited:
Hmmm...

Could it possibly be, because your posts to try to sell something, are being made in the "Tech" section of the forum, instead of the "Classifieds" section of the forum, where they probably belong?
If you’d bothered to look back at the thread you’d see that it wasn’t a post to sell anything. That came about as people weighed in with options to replace/delete the wing. I PMed the seller as soon as it made sense.

Last edited:
If you’d bothered to look back at the thread you’d see that it wasn’t a post to sell anything. That came about as people weighed in with options to replace/delete the wing. I PMed the seller as soon as it made sense.

If I’d bothered to go back and look at your deleted posts. I’d really understand what this thread is about?!?!

I guess I don’t have a clue why your posts were deleted then...

Last edited:
Sorry you’re confused. I’m not selling anything. I’m just taking advantage of yet another helpful, informative mud post that happened to result in the possible sale of some parts as a favor more than anything. Snark is unnecessary.

The dealers only carry the mounting instructions (range from $15 - $30. Yes. For a piece of paper) which the parts manager and I agreed was misleading and didn’t make much sense since it should be an easy install.

That being said, if someone can send me the measurements (include mounting point info) I’ll just go down to the 3D Printers and print one out.

Somebody mentioned putting rear lighting back there in to cover holes which is genius. Anybody got any other suggestions of what to mount/mod as opposed to filling holes?

The dealers only carry the mounting instructions (range from $15 - $30. Yes. For a piece of paper) which the parts manager and I agreed was misleading and didn’t make much sense since it should be an easy install.

That being said, if someone can send me the measurements (include mounting point info) I’ll just go down to the 3D Printers and print one out.

Somebody mentioned putting rear lighting back there in to cover holes which is genius. Anybody got any other suggestions of what to mount/mod as opposed to filling holes?
This would be another awesome little project for someone like @BenCC or @suprarx7nut to get done. I am one of the lucky ones that apparently had a PO that deleted it for whatever reason. Now I just have odd mounting holes with bolts in them.

This would be another awesome little project for someone like @BenCC or @suprarx7nut to get done. I am one of the lucky ones that apparently had a PO that deleted it for whatever reason. Now I just have odd mounting holes with bolts in them.

@BenCC can churn out designs like I only wish I could. I can contribute some printing in carbon fiber reinforced material, though. If he can tackle the CAD, I can tackle printing in a high strength material.

Ah s***! Carbon fiber. Didn’t even think about that. Do it!

It's awesome stuff. I can get near aluminum strength if I can add fiberglass reinforcement as well. All I need is a CAD file, or the time to make one myself.

When we purchased my son's LC, the deflector was broken off by the PO, just the remains of the pedestals were left.

For some strange reason I felt the need to fix it. Paid the dealer stupid money for a flimsy piece of plastic.

Here are a few places you might look:

We eventually pulled the deflector off of my son's vehicle and replaced it with (4) M6 x 1.0 x 10mm screws (along w/ some silicone sealant), We planned to use some of the Labrak brackets. We have the brackets, haven't bothered to mount them yet.

upload_2017-1-12_14-0-10-png.1381090

View attachment 1495406

I've seen these port/dealer installed spoilers mounted 2 different ways.
1) with rivnuts and M6 x1.0 bolts
2) with sheet metal screws
View attachment 1495404
What color is your LC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom