Rear view mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok I have another question. I have what looks like a cut out just to the right of me rear view mirror. I don't think it's for the domw light cause I think on my 78 the dome light is located on the driverside just behind the driver. So I'm not sure just what the hole is for? ANy ideas?

Thanks
Todd

That should be the rear access panel for your windshield washer spigot. My '78 has a stock rubber plug that fills it.

I concure :)

Landcruisersteve said:
That should be the rear access panel for your windshield washer spigot. My '78 has a stock rubber plug that fills it.

350-78LandCruiser said:
Does your 40 have one on the hood as well? It looks like I have one on the hood but right now it's painted over.

Thanks
Todd
The nozzle on the hood is a fake. Toyota moved it to above the windshield in '78. Seems they must not have wanted to scrap a stockpile of hoods so they came up with a dummy nozzle.
Image08.jpg

350-78LandCruiser said:
Does your 40 have one on the hood as well? It looks like I have one on the hood but right now it's painted over.

Yep, there's another hole on my hood, too. Like Robert said, they stuck a dummy spigot in there after they moved the washer to the windhield.

As far as plugging that access hole goes, if you can't track down a plug, an inclinometer covers that gap nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom