Rear View Mirror Wobble (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my 06...Driving me nuts.. seems there is a black metal mounting piece, a silver tab and 1 screw. for the life of me i cant get it to lock down tight, am i missing a rubber gasket?
Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

On my 06...Driving me nuts.. seems there is a black metal mounting piece, a silver tab and 1 screw. for the life of me i cant get it to lock down tight, am i missing a rubber gasket?

Thanks.
Hello, would you know if the windshield is original or has been replaced?
My new to me 2003 LX had aftermarket glass and when I tightened the 1 screw = it cracked my windshield
It does seem a gasket was left off.
I ended up layering about 6 layers of Scotch 33 electrical tape in an overlapping fashion and then trimming carefully with a new razor blade.

being an 06 i would assume its not original, i purchased 2 years ago & could not find any glass receipts. but the tape is a great idea!

Thanks.
This may help fix your problem. I had the same problem.

Most times it's the 2 smaller screws behind the silver clip w/single screw, that need tightening. Standard philips screw driver tends to damage the head. A JIS philips-screwdriver works best. Be careful to not over tighten with a JIS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom