Rear upper body side vents (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My ‘81 BJ42 came from the factory with the cold weather option. It’s a Canadian truck. I have the side window defroster tubes for the front dash but I do not have the side body vent hardware. Does anybody know of a source for those? I’ve heard they are unobtanium and probably are. But before I weld in steel to fill the holes, I thought I’d see if any of you could help me find a pair of side vents.

Are you asking about the vents in the hard top just in front of the corner windows? Seen the outer caps for sale used and reproductions. The inner piece I haven't seen for sale. If someone reproduced the inner and outer pieces I sure they would sell. Best way to keep windows from fogging up is with flow thru ventilation.

Wish the US got them because by now I would have collected them by now. Surprised Europe didn't get as well as the Northern part of the US. But believe these were Canadian market only.

That said I remember a pair of outer repos for sale on mud in the last week or so. But not sure what good they will do without the inner section with the flapper to prevent air from migrating in.

I could probably 3D print the inner plastic piece with flapper. I’ll grep mud for the sale thread. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom