Rear turn signals not functioning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Keep

GOLD Star
Threads
Here's the series of events....

Took it in to a bodyshop to have it repainted. Had all incandescents originally when I dropped it off, everything working fine. During repaint the bodyshop installed a Delta VS front bumper with the LED signal option. It had no signals or hazards when I picked it up, they shrugged. When the brake pedal was pressed the dash indicators for the signals both lit. Knowing the Delta bumper were leds I replaced the relay with the Amazon one in other threads for LEDs. I replaced the rear signals with LEDs. The fuse was blown, probably during their attempt with the bumper LEDs. I replaced it and the front signals started working from the stalk and hazard button, but still not the rears. Rear indicators, brakes and backups all work. Tried different LED bulbs to no effect.

My understanding is that if install regular bulbs I may fry the LED friendly relay, so hesitant to do that. I am definitely sticking with LEDs as the bumper completely replaces the factory front signals so I can't roll back to all incandescents there. Any suggestions as to what to look for next?

When I replaced my rear bulbs with leds whenever I hit the brakes my instrument lights would come on. Swapped those back to regular bulbs and all was good. Not sure about your other led bulbs but the rears where my issue, I run led headlights and marker lights no problems.

I am all led everywhere and not having this issue. If you had a repaint then i would imagine you need to restore all your paths to ground. When you don't have your usual paths available it will try to find another path....and since it isn't actually using reason it will travel the next shortest path which could be over small circuits. Hitting the brakes and getting lights makes me think your blinker issue is just one of the most obvious symptoms.

You have a ground cluster going to the body under where the spare tire hanger is. I would check that and i would make sure that your bumpers have a good ground not assuming the bolts that hold them on are good enough.

Also check the wiring from the paint shop....if they cut your wires to hook them in or they wired the LEDs in the wrong polarity you will have issues there. But that is not going to be the only issue, you have to fix your ground issue.

Also LEDs in most cases care about polarity unless you have some that have been configured with diodes to fix that issue for you. As far as I know only ac/DC 12v land scaping bulbs do this for you. So if you have LEDs that aren't working at all in any location you may want to switch them (in the socket) to see if that is the cause.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom