Rear Tray Screw wont Screw! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So FJ62, rear tray! I took one of the spring arms off to clean and de-rust. The XL large phillips screw that connects into the tray came out ok, but wont screw back in.

I feel that it may have had something internal that it was screwing into, which has now fallen out? Does anyone know how this mechanism works or has a photo of it! I have no chance of reaching something internally to put it back on?

Thanks in advance!!!

I think he is talking about the tail gate (bottom portion). There are some access hole covers on either side that can be removed, but they don't look very large. I installed a storage lid in mine some years ago, and I cut out most of the interior facing skin on the tail gate. I can try and take a picture of the inside later today.

The carpeted panel should just pop off to get to the sheet metal.

1602005219114.png

There may be a captive nut inside that fell out of its cage. Take apart the tailgate and look inside...

Here is a pick from the inside. There should be a nut welded to the inside of the tail gate.

C8BC21E7-75A6-44BB-8A94-5F358C1C3C57.jpeg

Yea it was the rear tray. Their is meant to be a fixed screw on the inside. That internal pic was really useful. It’s impossible to reach in a hold a nut. I tried many ways. So now my rear trays sports a nice storage area and I found and refitted the missing nut. Thanks for all the help.

1C98FE2A-4373-4E8E-AD60-B6C5549D47FE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom