Rear Tow Hook Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought some used rear tow hooks from Slee, as mine were missing, and I can't figure out how to install them. I checked the FSM but it doesn't give any details that I can find on intalling the front or the rear tow loops. I'm assuming installation is the same as the front, but I can't figure out how they're installed on the rear.

I have a tow hitch, but does anyone know if that has to be removed to install the tow loops? If not, what size bolts do I need to mount these to the frame, and where on the frame do I mount them?

Does anyone have any pictures where/how these install to the frame?

Tyler

I bought some used rear tow hooks from Slee, as mine were missing, and I can't figure out how to install them. I checked the FSM but it doesn't give any details that I can find on intalling the front or the rear tow loops. I'm assuming installation is the same as the front, but I can't figure out how they're installed on the rear.

I have a tow hitch, but does anyone know if that has to be removed to install the tow loops? If not, what size bolts do I need to mount these to the frame, and where on the frame do I mount them?

Does anyone have any pictures where/how these install to the frame?

Tyler

Not sure what kind of hitch you have but on mine the hitch would not have to be removed. just the two rear bolts on each side. there are threaded holes in the frame that are 12mm for the loops. i took my hitch off but you can see where the bolts would go.

ERG80

Last edited:
on mine (Drawtite) you just use 2 of the 3 (on one side) bolts holding the hitch. Of course make sure the bolts are long enough and proper strength.
Thing is that on one side the (asymmetric) loop is too close to the hitch to be usable when pointed in the right direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom