Rear thwacking sound after rotor and pads (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is one of those things that someone might hear and say OH yeah its definitely X, you needed to make sure to move Y out of the way before putting the tire back on...or whatever...

Brakes were squeal-y and it's been some time since replaced, so I went and replaced pads and rotors on the back of my 07 lx407. RR rotor what a PITFA to get off, I had to use the 2 bolts to keep popping the rotor off and the e-brake looked a little loose, but not too worn down and never had an issue with e-brake. I tried to keep the ebrake tight inside the rotor, replaced the pads and everything seems nice.

However now when I drive, at about 10 mph I start to hear a periodic thwacking noise from the rear but as far as I can tell, the brake cover thingy (cowl?) isn't rubbing and there really isn't much more back there that is catching the tire. Tires look like they're well seated. What's interesting is that the noise intensifies when I turn left but right turns are ok. No change in sound except louder.

Before this, no issues, control arms look good, CV looks ok, no leaks, etc.

Thoughts?

Because everyone was eagerly awaiting updates on this...

The noise eventually went away! Who said not to 'just ignore it'?? :cool:

Perhaps the pad or caliper slightly misaligned, no unexpected scratches or marks on the rotor, no smells, brakes well...ah well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom