Rear Tail Light Guards (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Oh yes hello,

I have searched the forum but have found little info on this.

I was given a set of 4 Manik rear tail light guards in black. I cannot decide if i want to put them on my white 100. Part of me does not want to break up the clean lines.

My question is this. Do they actually perform a function or are they just form?

if you have an LC, I would suggest clear_bra film to protection them from impacts over the grilles. The grills always end up rubbing on the paint causing rust plus they don't mount too sturdy

my gut feeling is those guards are 10% function and 90% separation of you from your pay ckeck????

If you get them, you must get one of these as well!
Grill Guard.jpg

They're great for light impacts, like from shopping carts. Any more than that and they deform and can press into the body sheet metal and end up causing more damage than they prevent. So, if you don't wheel and aren't likely to get body damage that high up (and like how they look), put them on. Same goes for the Manik brush guard on the front end.

that's why I say put the clearbra film...helps protect the lighs plus nothing to deform!

Alas they will sit in my garage with numerous other parts. They really do not look that sturdy and as they were given to me I am not so sad.

Pint thanks for the photo of your truck (I joke) and the suggestion on the front brush guard, but I think I will hold out for the ARB.

Alas they will sit in my garage with numerous other parts. They really do not look that sturdy and as they were given to me I am not so sad.

Pint thanks for the photo of your truck (I joke) and the suggestion on the front brush guard, but I think I will hold out for the ARB.

Glad to hear you're gonna wait for the "real thing." If I saw your truck in town I would have to pull out my tools and take that stuff off!

I can't think of any possible use for those other than looks. If you want rear protection, get a replacement steel bumper.

Sweet WAAG! Where can I get one of those?

If you get them, you must get one of these as well!

this is a nice picture...never seen a fully white 100. Must be photoshop or painting

I think that white 100 has Loud's old wheels on it... :D

If you put those things on your rig then:

http://wordzz.com/z0r/img/3rd_floor/******.gif

Somebody gave me this gif today and I've been dying to use it, no offense...

Hahahaha! Actually if I were to put the guards on my rear end I would think that they would protect me from Gigantic F>>>>TS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom