Rear Swaybar help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My whiteline swaybar arrived last night so this morning I started to tackle the project, but upon removal and looking at them both, I realized they either sent me the wrong swaybar or I’m missing something.

It’s not the same width or shape, and it doesn’t have the correct ends for the swaybar links. Part number matches one that comes up on whitelines website for 2006 Land Cruiser. The same bar shows up when I search for a 2003 or a 1999, or any other 100 series year.

Is there a different swaybar in 06’s with AHC vs non AHC? They have no literature on their site about it.

The old rusted bar I took out measures at just over 46” from bar end to bar end, and the new one measures 44.5. Also, the mounting holes are just large enough to slide the metal sleeve through for the endlinks, no idea how I would get a bushing in there, or where to even get them.

BB8EFCE8-167F-49C5-91C6-3697ADB0C105.jpeg
67480C11-7E72-4850-BB79-7DC5AAF6C9E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah that’s the wrong bar. It will never clear the offset diff. Why not just get a decent used OEM swaybar? Hell, your original looks salvageable - just wire wheel it to good bare metal and repaint.

Yeah that’s the wrong bar. It will never clear the offset diff. Why not just get a decent used OEM swaybar? Hell, your original looks salvageable - just wire wheel it to good bare metal and repaint.
I figured as much, It sure how they have such a huge error on their website. I will be calling them on Monday. Waste of $200... I don’t even know what this fits so I can’t sell it either.

I couldn’t locally source a used OEM so figured I would just upgrade.

Upon further research today, the bar they sent me is for the Prado, which of course does me no good. Hopefully I can simply return it, the only other option available from whiteline is a 30mm bar and that’s just too big.

I ordered OEM bar 48815-60140, which is the part number for the non AHC but I read another thread that states they are the same, and the AHC bar for whatever reason was almost twice as much from Toyota. Also ordered OEM rubber bushings and 4 new bolts for the brackets.
That gives me some time to take care of the 1 broken bolt that sheared off in the passenger side bracket.

Original is pretty bad, there’s a few spots where some decent material is missing. Maybe if I get bored I’ll clean it up and see if someone local with an LX wants it for $50. At 255k miles I figured a new one for less than $200 was a decent easy item and would clean up the read end a lot. The OEM bar ended up only being $156 with free shipping too. With the new extended links back there it’s going to look fresh.

Upon further research today, the bar they sent me is for the Prado, which of course does me no good. Hopefully I can simply return it, the only other option available from whiteline is a 30mm bar and that’s just too big.

I ordered OEM bar 48815-60140, which is the part number for the non AHC but I read another thread that states they are the same, and the AHC bar for whatever reason was almost twice as much from Toyota. Also ordered OEM rubber bushings and 4 new bolts for the brackets.
That gives me some time to take care of the 1 broken bolt that sheared off in the passenger side bracket.
Maybe it's a Lexus tax?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom