Rear Sway Bar Link on 2.5" OME Lift 80 Series Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently while riding in Moab, I bent/damaged my driver's side rear sway bar link. I'm looking to replace both sides with fresh ones. My question is, for a 2.5" old man emu lift on a 1997 LX450, should I look for 2" or 2.5" extended rear sway bar links, and if so, which would you recommend, or am I supposed to go with factory length ones?

If you're replacing you might as well go with extended. Extended links should bring it the bar closer to its original resting place. I'd think either 2" or 2.5" would be fine.

One to consider: Rear Sway Bar Links

If you are handy with a welder, extending them is a simple project.
Joe_12.jpg

Lift_S_1.jpg

Seems crazy to me that normal sets are $11-$12, whereas the extended ones I've seen so far are $80-$90.

Another option, we stock a longer link :D

Stock length on left, our part# SUS60090AFT kit on the right, it also comes with the lower hardware and bushing :cool:

20180608_144319.jpg

SUS60090AFT - $17.50/each
info@cruiseroutfitters.com
801-563-1277

What is the length difference between the two? Was the second designed for a specific lift height? Looks shorter than 2" difference.

1", which isn't bad for a 2-3" but is best when combined with a traditional drop bracket (we stock all those too)

I'm also looking for an air amplifier assembly for an LX450, the one that goes just above the throttle. Do you carry those as well?

Sorry, no

dumb question but what are these needed for? Any adverse affects of not having the drop bracket or extended links?

I've been running stock with 2.5" for a few years now

What is the length difference between the two? Was the second designed for a specific lift height? Looks shorter than 2" difference.

In theory, best action is the bar level with the ground, but don't want to bang them on every rock? So, we compromise, usually ~1.5" longer on lifts taller than yours. I would go with the ones Kurt has, new bushings, hardware, priced right, good to go.

I am going to do this ASAP. Is this DOM tubing sleeved over each end, or...?

We cut them in half and sleeve them with whatever is handy and ~1/2" id. Have used DOM, poop pipe, lately have been using 3/4" square tube.:meh:
rich_3-jpg.797635

We cut them in half and sleeve them with whatever is handy and ~1/2" id. Have used DOM, poop pipe, lately have been using 3/4" square tube.:meh:
rich_3-jpg.797635

Cool, I have all of the above laying around. Will probably use the DOM since I've got it. Thanks for the info @Tools R Us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom