1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Swarbar question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Harridig, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Harridig

Harridig

Last night when swapping springs I broke a bolt from the rear sway bar. I now only have one bolt holding the right side in.

Can I drive with only one bolt or is that risking too much?

What is everyones thoughts on this?

I plan on working the bolt out tonight after work but am wondering if I am running a risk of snapping the other bolt while driving and causing more damage?

Thanks for your help in advance -

Derek

2. CharlieS

CharlieS

I think you're risking breaking the bolt. The swaybar transmits a lot of torque.

I snapped a couple of them on my OME install. I pulled the swaybar until I can drill out the broken bolts.

Charlie

3. Heffenoche

Heffenoche

I did the same as Charlie because I thought it mat be too much for one bolt. It's not bad driving with it disconnected. Just remember to take it easy on sharp turns.

4. Harridig

Harridig

Thanks Charlie and Heffenoche for your quick reply - we are leaving for the Wallowa's in the morning so I will be putting this as the number one priority today. I hear they can be a PITA to get out. Glad to know others have posted on this before so I have some great techniques to try!

Thanks again to this board for making my life easier!

Derek