Rear suspension heights differ after LX470 AHC delete (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all - long time user of this forum, but first thread...

my local indy just replaced the suspension on my 2001 LX470. Took out the AHC and replaced with OEM Toyota shocks, rear springs (used, pink dot on left side, green on right) and OEM Torsion Bars. All purchased from Christo at Slee Offroad

When I picked up my truck and got it back to my house, I could see the rear was not level, the left (driver side) is about a half inch higher than the right. Measurements from fender arch to wheel cap center:
FL 19.75"
FR 19.75"
RL 20.25"
RR 19.75"

visually the truck appears to have proper rake, although the measurements above do not clearly show that. I know the left spring is ~12mm higher than the right spring to account for gas tank and driver, but not sure if I should be concerned

I have not had an alignment performed after the suspension swap. Any ideas on whether an alignment will correct the slight lean from L to R in the rear? would TB adjustments correct it? possible I got a slightly sagging used spring? Or dont worry about it.

Looking for ideas. Thanks!

Hey all - long time user of this forum, but first thread...

my local indy just replaced the suspension on my 2001 LX470. Took out the AHC and replaced with OEM Toyota shocks, rear springs (used, pink dot on left side, green on right) and OEM Torsion Bars. All purchased from Christo at Slee Offroad

When I picked up my truck and got it back to my house, I could see the rear was not level, the left (driver side) is about a half inch higher than the right. Measurements from fender arch to wheel cap center:
FL 19.75"
FR 19.75"
RL 20.25"
RR 19.75"

visually the truck appears to have proper rake, although the measurements above do not clearly show that. I know the left spring is ~12mm higher than the right spring to account for gas tank and driver, but not sure if I should be concerned

I have not had an alignment performed after the suspension swap. Any ideas on whether an alignment will correct the slight lean from L to R in the rear? would TB adjustments correct it? possible I got a slightly sagging used spring? Or dont worry about it.

Looking for ideas. Thanks!
Coils were likely put on the wrong side. Take it back for them to fix. Should take less than an hour.

I can see the spring with two green dots and a pink dot is on the left, and that the spring with two green dots and another green dot is on the right. The last post in this forum seems to indicate that is correct:

and it makes sense that the left spring would be slightly taller than the right to accomodate for gas tank.

Question is, would adjusting front torsion bars have any effect on this?

It'll take a little while to settle. Make sure you are on level ground when you check it, normally driveways aren't level.

Weeelllllllllllllllllll if the left spring is almost exactly 1/2" longer on the left vs. right, and you measured darn near the same difference once installed .... doesn't that tell you everything is ok?

Read: have some confidence when things numerically confirm each other on independent measurements

Drive it around a while. If it bothers you a few weeks from now you can add a 10mm spacer on the right rear.

Agree. Drive it around a little while before you go for the alignment and let everything settle in.

When you measure be sure you have the same amount gas in the truck as you did for the previous measurement.

For comparison, I'm at 19.75" FL & FR and 20.75" RL & RR.

Also, check and see if one of the OEM spacers was left off.

LC Rear Spring.png

4837360010.jpg

Last edited:
Torsion bars could possibly need an adjustment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom