Rear spring setup for 800-1100 lbs of gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lots of armor and gear to install on the truck: tent, rack, bumpers, drawers, sliders, etc.

When I add up all the weight in the rear (not including things like front bumper and winch), I get about 800lbs unloaded and about 1100lbs fully loaded.
I'm wondering which springs I'll likely need. Is that the right range for King+Spacer? Is that 300lbs variability enough that airbags might be a better choice than a spacer?
I'll ultimately go by AHC pressures, but wondering if I can order the parts now to get a jump on it.

I think Kings + spacers will get you in the ballpark. Since the Kings are the same height I put an additional 10mm spacer on the left than the right to get it level.

My 2000 LC didn't have AHC, so when I needed a better suspension to handle additional weight, I went with:

DOBINSONS 2.5-3.0" IMS LIFT KIT FOR TOYOTA LAND CRUISER 100 SERIES IFS LIFT KIT 1998-2007​

I also upped the rear springs to the +880lbs constant load as we installed a 24 gal auxiliary gas tank from LRA. With all of the gear, RTT, awning, refrigerator, water, rear bumper with spare, propane tanks, etc... the combination works beautifully. The ride is very nice and smooth.

OME 864?

I'm in the same area. I have Dobinsons IMS and ironman 440-880lb springs in the back. I think its OK when i'm not loaded up for camping but all the gear I take puts me over the 880 im sure.

I run about the same weight with AHC and use 80 series springs and 30mm spring spacers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom