Rear Spring Recommendation for LC 100 '03 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for some recommendations for rear springs for a 2003 Land Cruiser. I think I need something heavier duty than the stock OEM springs. On a recent trip with the trunk loaded and 2 people in the back seat, I was bottoming out quite often. I have stock suspension and no lift - what would be a good option? heavier load capacity than stock/oem, relatively comfortable, and adding no lift to the rear

not to be that guy but check out that search button in the top right hand corner, or this stickied thread that has tons of info at the very top of the 100 section. tons of great info already out there. Sleeoffroad has a good guide too

Looking for some recommendations for rear springs for a 2003 Land Cruiser. I think I need something heavier duty than the stock OEM springs. On a recent trip with the trunk loaded and 2 people in the back seat, I was bottoming out quite often. I have stock suspension and no lift - what would be a good option? heavier load capacity than stock/oem, relatively comfortable, and adding no lift to the rear
All depends on your weight and lift desires. How much gear? How heavy are your friends? ;)

There are only a few of us but we r a LARGE bunch 🤣 I think in all probably about 1500lbs including gear.

Yeeaahhh, you're gonna need to upgrade, that's alot of weight. No lift though? Why not? Who wouldn't like another 1.5-2", bro?

If you are willing to lift it a little (1.5" or so) the OME 2866 coil works well when loaded and unloaded on a nearly stock vehicle. This is the rear spring I am running along with the front torsion bars cranked up a little.

Otherwise, I would follow @JunkCrzr89 advice and install airbags if you don't want any lift.

If you are willing to lift it a little (1.5" or so) the OME 2866 coil works well when loaded and unloaded on a nearly stock vehicle. This is the rear spring I am running along with the front torsion bars cranked up a little.

Otherwise, I would follow @JunkCrzr89 advice and install airbags if you don't want any lift.
Question on the 2866 springs: I'm about to install them today and realized they aren't marked and there is no difference in height between right and left, like a lot of other springs. Does yours sit higher on the passenger side after install?

Question on the 2866 springs: I'm about to install them today and realized they aren't marked and there is no difference in height between right and left, like a lot of other springs. Does yours sit higher on the passenger side after install?
Both 2866 springs are the same and it does not matter which side you install them on. The cruiser visually sits level (even with the 40gallon LRA tank filled) but it has been a couple of years since I took a tape measure to it.

They are commonly called "Helper Air Bags". They go on the inside of your coil springs and increase carrying weight depending on the PSI you put in them.

Here is an example; not saying these are the ones you want. You put them in, connect the lines and then inflate them to your desired PSI. They help level around 500-1000 lbs of additional weight as needed depending on the style you get.

Big fan of the Dobinson progressive rate coils

Reviving an old post - anyone know the stock lift (front and rear) of an '03 land cruiser?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom