Rear spring hanger.... frame plate? Or direct to frame? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Questions!! I’m repairing the rear frame rails and rear spring perches and rear bumper.
I do not understand what the spring perches is only welded to the plate and then bolted to the rear bumper? Is the rear spring plate welded to the main frame??

I have the new frame plates and spring hangers and the rear cross member/bumper.
I was thinking to just weld the spring perches direct to the frame??

Opinions? Advice???

the pics are just for reference of what im want to do.

Thank you

Tony

9BC8DA98-CC00-4683-BF9C-6BC069A74642.png

B6A91A7A-3F67-41F5-9167-C01829AA12DA.png

F91D53EB-5B64-4DE7-BB8F-13F7AB71637A.png

285DFAE1-1043-449B-8295-EBE86828D144.png

Those leaf spring perches in the rear don’t line up with the frame rails. They are about a 1/2 to 1 inch inboard of the outside of the frame rails. The perch plates are hot riveted to the frame, riveted and tack welded to the perch.
FF04ED2C-D0A8-428F-A703-C2EDCBE817F9.jpeg

Those Man-a-Fre are nice. I’ve got a ‘73 frame leaning against a wall, you wanna come look?
if you want 60 rears on the rear I can show you placement for that. Also can clarify what Steve said.
I’m just south of you by Nanaimo airport.

If you have the plates I'd use them. If nothing else, it lets you do that weld right side up, but they do help brace and make it all stronger.

Have you started on that?

I kinda forgot about you, buried under my own s*** and hiding from the plague...:doh:

Back in ‘93ish I replaced my frame because those triangles were being pushed up through the frame and the frame was also cracking over the front end of the rear spring mounts. If I ever replace them I’d extend them further... past the attachment point for the angled brace. Ideally just have a longer plate. Alternatively I’d weld an extension onto the plate before attaching it to the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom