rear spoiler smash with garage door; anyone replace? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello well had a smash with garage door and rear spoiler; not sure how it happened; I think our dog may have ran past sensor and door stopped in lower height. No matter how it happened have to replace spoiler and LED light; very expensive form toyota/ lexus LOL for once Lexus is actually cheaper then toyota dealership $600 form lexus over $700 form toyota! cheaper if unpainted but did not want to go thru all the paint stuff. Anyway has anyone ever gone thru an aftermarket? EBAY has some. any recommendations would be appreciated
need rear spoiler and LED light 2006 LX470 galactic grey if any one has one in the garage just lying around

I have mine sitting in my garage. I want to put it back on the other day and my bolts that I reinstalled in the liftgate are locked up! Now the bushing spins freely and the bolt won't come out. I've tried everything except a tug spot weld to keep them from spinning...not going to try that one myself. Having said that, what is a good condition used spoiler worth these days??

^no idea, probably a few hundred.
have you tried glue to hold it still? What about dimple it slightly with a punch on the edge of the hole to hold it still? You may have to cut and drill it free and replace.

Can you not go without the spoiler on the years with that style? I know on the early model like mine you can, the 3rd brake light is separate from it. I like mine but the 100 doesn't look that bad without a spoiler, I'd do that before spending that kind of money on a giant spoiler of all things.

I just took off my roof rack which is the pearl white color. That's gonna be for sale and once I build my roof rack I'll know if my spoiler stays or goes. Give me a message in about two weeks and if I don't want it we can work something out. I'll give you first dibs.

^no idea, probably a few hundred.
have you tried glue to hold it still? What about dimple it slightly with a punch on the edge of the hole to hold it still? You may have to cut and drill it free and replace.

Yeah, I've tried glue. Not strong enough. Dimpling isn't a bad idea, but as tight as these bolts are, I think I'm screwed (pun intended). I may can drill through from the back side and grab the bushings to hold them still. Haven't looked into it too much. Drilling from the outside would be a booger, but might work too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom