Rear speakers in 55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Putting my pig back together. Installing the rear cargo area skins, I noticed a set of wires on the passenger side that look like they hook up to a speaker? No wires on the drivers side. Did the stock FJ55 come with the option of rear speakers for the stock radio? I also have an extra set of the rear crago skins that I picked up a few years back that have a speaker on each side. Looking at the way the speakers are installed, it sure looks like they are stock? So, a stock 55 with four speakers? Possible?

I don't know about your year, but when I rewired my 1970, the extra set of wires on the passenger side were for a stock trailer harness and plug (mentioed in the Toyota repair manual). I don't know about any stock rear speakers. Hope this helps.

Sure, Pigs had rear speaker...mines on the left.
2005_0209_055048.JPG

Pighead, that is exactly like the cargo panel I have. Looks stock to me;)
That' what I am talking about;p Well, minus the utility paper

The upright bar in the pic is the old spare tire carrier...
The buttwipe is 'cause I have a GF, and chicks dig it when you think of them.
It also makes a fine anti-rattle bumper for a hi-lift jack...

Pighead said:
The upright bar in the pic is the old spare tire carrier...
The buttwipe is 'cause I have a GF, and chicks dig it when you think of them.
It also makes a fine anti-rattle bumper for a hi-lift jack...

That is hilarious:D

I have the old spare tire carrier (upright post) in my pig as well. Was that standard equipment?

Negative on the standard equipment, it's an SOR item...
And just what is so funny about having a roll of TP handy?

I installed a couple Bazooka 6x9's in the rear. Will take pics later on the install. Sound decent. I also did some sound deadening and fab'd up a cargo area mat from plywood, carpet, and padding underneath. Havent mounted front speakers yet.

My 74 only has one speaker in the rear. I will fix that...

When I restored my '55 I cut out the speaker mounts from the second (rustiest) body and now I have a speaker on each side mounted in OEM style.

The 5"x7" with tabs at the ends should bolt right in.

All I need now is a stock radio from a '60 (AM/FM stereo) and I'll have an OEM looking stereo radio!!

I am currently running with an AM/FM mono radio. Looks totally stock.

My '76 has a single speaker in that rear panel on the passenger side. granted the pig is so damn loud i couldn't hear it anyway even if the AM stereo did work lol. PO tried to replace the fuse in the stero and istead of pushing and twisting the link apart they just ripped it apart and broke the plastic container. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom