Rear speaker and storage box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted speakers in the back without cutting my original panels, so I decided to build a box to put them in. As I went along I realized that I could kill two birds with one shot. I angled the back to follow the contour of the rear seat. It gives it a wider and more stable base. It holds most of my tools and a few small survival propducts and a tow strap. The center of the top is a door that lifts up. I was happy with it, maybe an idea for some else to improve upon.
rear speaker box 2.jpg
rear speaker box.jpg

Nice addition! Did you also fab the diamond plated seat back and cargo area?

Can you give some more info? Where does one acquire such rubber diamond plating?

It was there when I bought the rig. I was looking for more the other day and found different sources on line. I would just google it. I remember there were some that were for gyms, too thick.

Box looks good, Thats what I sould have done instead of cutting my side pannels.

I think SOR sells the rubber diamond kits.

Can you give some more info? Where does one acquire such rubber diamond plating?

homo depot has 2x2 sheets for pretty cheep.

yeppers, they sure do, around $150 before shipping.

Specter Off-Road-Land Cruiser Parts - Page 345-Floor & Cargo Liner, most of the way down the page.

Do you have any issues with stuff piercing the liner? I'm trying to decide whether to recarpet (cheaper) or use this. Any chance you'd pull the rear sill piece & get a picture of the underneath? Wondering if there's padding under it other than the OEM tar sound deadner.

nice, but at 600 for the minimum full roll, WAY outta my price range.

That I understand. I did not look at their min. All i did was google black rubber diamond plate. The PO was not very creative so I can not believe it is hard to find. I wish I could be more helpful. Just running out of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom